Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Ideas for the next Banlist?

+7
Twisted Like Me?
Some Fat Guy
Dazo
Jet Valentine
Valkoor
Oshu
Dragonecro0987
11 posters

Go down

Ideas for the next Banlist? Empty Ideas for the next Banlist?

Post by Dragonecro0987 Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:24 pm

Hey guys so I was discussing this at school with a friend and with a few guys online and I was thinking about the banlist for YGO and how we should be due for a new one soon. As such, I wanted to hear a few of the opinions among the community over the next banlist, what should get hit, and what should come off the list. Now I will keep a rule for this though. Please do not do a 1 sentence post such as, and a quote, "FREE MA NIG STRATOS!!!" I want elaborations on these choices. Anyway, discuss away.

Link to Banlist (As of Now): http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html
Dragonecro0987
Dragonecro0987

Back to top Go down

Ideas for the next Banlist? Empty Re: Ideas for the next Banlist?

Post by Oshu Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:14 pm

moral to 2 or 3 please.

pepe hit in some way (dosent know much about the deck to specify)

TBH i might get heat for this to. i kind of want the rulers back to 1 XD not all of them. maybe like 1 or two.

also ether heavy storm to 1 OR harpies feather duster to 1
Oshu
Oshu
The Shining Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:27 pm

Some mass S/T removal would be more than welcome. We can probably expect some Scapegoat hits to Kozmo and PePe too, things like Solemn Notice (which should probably be hit anyway but still) and Emergency Teleport.
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Valentine Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:33 pm

Do the logical things first. (Hit every monarch out there, do it konami, do it)

Make Stratos go at limited at least.

Gimme Sangan and Witch Of The Black Forset, because Sanwitch is best fusion.

Hit PePe's heart and soul.

Exciton needs to get limited, and Lavalval Chain tooooo.

Hit Kozmo Dark Destroyer, Hit Sliprider, Hit Farmgirl. Just like you hit Nekroz.

And Rota needs to be revived to 2 at the very least.

Hit Oafdragon and Wisdom-eye.

Revive Nekroz.

And Revive Gishki, why? because ritual decks don't exist anymore, thanks to you Konami, thanks to you.

Jet Valentine
Jet Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:01 pm

Konami won't do a banlist. I wouldn't be surprised.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshu Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:21 am

Jet Valentine wrote:Do the logical things first. (Hit every monarch out there, do it konami, do it)

Make Stratos go at limited at least.

Gimme Sangan and Witch Of The Black Forset, because Sanwitch is best fusion.

Hit PePe's heart and soul.

Exciton needs to get limited, and Lavalval Chain tooooo.

Hit Kozmo Dark Destroyer, Hit Sliprider, Hit Farmgirl. Just like you hit Nekroz.

And Rota needs to be revived to 2 at the very least.

Hit Oafdragon and Wisdom-eye.

Revive Nekroz.

And Revive Gishki, why? because ritual decks don't exist anymore, thanks to you Konami, thanks to you.

revive nekroz???? are you bloody mental mate. XD that's a terrible idea if they do that.
Oshu
Oshu
The Shining Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:13 am

Jet Valentine wrote:Revive Nekroz.

A.) Do you understand how bad of an idea it is to revive Nekroz in any way, shape, or form? Deck was dumb enough, doesn't need another round.

B.) What do you mean revive Gishki? Literally nothing in Gishki has been hit, except:
Hand Loop Gishki, which is definitely not good for the game
Mind Augus Mill Gishki, which is just as bad
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Some Fat Guy Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:18 am

FREE MA NIG STRATOS (just kidding ily necro)

I haven't played heros in a while but i think stratos would be okay at 1. I've accepted that he's gone and i need to move on however.

I think we might see some scapegoat bans or some random stuff (I.e. Lavalval Chain or Exciton Knight-esque) bans.

hopefully those damn clowns get murdered because I'm going to throw up if i see them in another duel.
Some Fat Guy
Some Fat Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:11 am

Monarchs are not going to get hit in the new tcg list unless they dont give us 1 for like another 3 months so imo the new tcg list might include

skullcrobat/any of the clowns and or monkeyboard and guiturtle  to 1:

any 1 of these cards goin to 1 hurts PePe and if skullcrobat does get limited it will also hurt pen magicians.

farmgirl and kozmotown to 2:

would hurt the deck a considerable amount but still keep it playable we may also see E-tele got to 1 because of Kozmo's

wavering eyes to 1 or 0:

draw power/slight burn for pen decks and can eliminate an opponents scale.

notice to 1:

its a solemn card but besides that it is quite powerful.

twin twister to 1 or 2:

while yes it does destroy 2 spells/traps and its a quick play you still do have to discard to use its effect.

ROTA to 2:

i know we have a few warrior biased things floating around now but rly idk why rota went to 1 it didn't do anything when it did and it wont do anything at 2

i dont think anything is gonna come off being banned or even move to much beyond this but these are a few cards i think could come back and well rly should cause there not gonna do anything.

shaddoll construct to 1:

the quick play fusion spell got hit and rly what would 1 construct do i mean its not exactly hard to get around and with 1 tht rly limits the time/s its gonna see on board.

artifact moralltach to 2

i know what this card does i know how it was used with HAT and other deck when it was at 3 but my question is in this format what is artifact moralltacth going to do at 2? be a side deck option? maybe possibly make ppl tech in artifacts again? probably not.

change of heart to 1

why is it still banned? im serious what does it do let you take an opponents monster for a turn and that monster can atk theres quite a few cards now that can do similar things heck with greydles you take there monster until the greydle is gone.

monster reborn to 1:

why? we have so many things now that bring monsters back from the grave does it rly matter if we would be able to bring back an opponents monster?

chaos emperor dragon and dark magician of chaos with there erratas why the hell are they still banned hell there not in the ocg and no 1 is playing them.

heavy storm  to 1 heavy is unlikely but with more and more pendulums it may see a return tho.

and lastly people need to stop calling for exciton to come back exciton deserves to stay where it is its literally a full field nuke witch is insane in any card game not to mention that this field nuke sticks around to be able to atk nxt turn or do it again and with whats available to us atm it is an extremely easy summon in most decks.
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Twisted Like Me? wrote:change of heart to 1

why is it still banned? im serious what does it do let you take an opponents monster for a turn and that monster can atk theres quite a few cards now that can do similar things heck with greydles you take there monster until the greydle is gone.

monster reborn to 1:

why? we have so many things now that bring monsters back from the grave does it rly matter if we would be able to bring back an opponents monster?

chaos emperor dragon and dark magician of chaos with there erratas why the hell are they still banned hell there not in the ocg and no 1 is playing them.

and lastly people need to stop calling for exciton to come back exciton deserves to stay where it is its literally a full field nuke witch is insane in any card game not to mention that this field nuke sticks around to be able to atk nxt turn or do it again and with whats available to us atm it is an extremely easy summon in most decks.

K so in response to these in specific:

Change of Heart is banned for a multitude of reasons. It's a practically unnegatable monster steal that is extremely flexible in what it can do with the monster you steal. The only generic monster steal we have right now is Mind Control, which only isn't seen because it can sometimes be considered slow in its functionality. Change of Hearts can allow you to use the monster's effects, battle with it, tribute it (big thing with Monarchs out now), use it for whatever extra deck summon you want, etc. Greydles are a terrible comparison, because there is still counter-play to the things in how you deal with them. That doesn't exist with Change of Hearts.

Monster Reborn needs to stay banned for the love of God. I don't know if you played while it was legal, but it was just silly. It was the sacciest card in the game; if you topdecked it, you won a lot of the time, and if you opened it, you won a lot of the time. On top of that, it's totally unrestricted in what you can summon, which isn't the case for most other revivals. On top of that, it's faster and safer than say, Call of the Haunted, and the big thing is you can steal your opponent's monsters. If they have a boss monster, you just take it.

CED and DMoC don't have erratas in the TCG yet.

Exciton Knigth really could come back, though. Considering the mass amount of targeting immunity, pendulum decks, effect negation, and floating that currently exists in the game, it wouldn't be all that unhealthy. If anything, it'd be much appreciated to deal with the likes of PePe.
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:34 am

i get monster reborn and CED/DMoC but as for change of heart and exciton:

change of heart steals a monster yes you can use its effects atk with it ect but there are not many decks around atm tht would utilize it u say monarchs would use it the simple fact is they wouldn't they already have 3 stormforths that are easy for them to access and search out so why would they bother with basically the same card but they cant search for it as for other decks i can see it possibly seeing some play just to be a "top deck/win more" card but other than that it most likely wont see to much play cause people would rather have monsters off the field than take control of them even if they could atk or use the effect of said monster.

Exciton yes this thing is gr8 for clearing fields and deals with pendulums quite nicely but we already have a multitude of cards that do that anyway and as you say there is plenty of negation but exciton is extremely easy to summon a complete field nuke that can be activated in an opponents turn and to add to that it doesn't nuke itself meaning it can not only stick around to akt but nuke again for the low cost of 1 xyz material.

Lastly what is evey1 worried about with PePe its not going to be that big here as it was in the ocg (not saying its not gonna have an impact just it wont be as big of a deal for us in the tcg as it was in the ocg)
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Some Fat Guy Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:36 pm

PePe is going to be a bigger deal than something else that fills a board quickly such as nekroz because we don't HAVE exciton knight anymore. sure we there are some nukes in the game but Exciton knight could only be used when you're behind, Sure it's cheap to activate and easy to summon but it's a wonderful deterrent against pendulum based decks.
Some Fat Guy
Some Fat Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trini Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:04 pm

Lets bring full power rulers back D:
Trini
Trini

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:35 pm

Honestly, look at the key cards PePe have that can be hit, and what should not be hit:

Peformapal Pendulum Sorcerer - This card is incredibly important to the deck, but doesn't deserve a hit. It's too new and hasn't had a chance to do much in events as of late.

Peformapal Monkeyboard - This can be semi-limited. Many run 3, but doesn't deserve to be hit to one. It's a one-time use and you normally would never summon it nor use the second effect.

Peformage Plushfire - This can be limited. Plushfire gains huge advantage with Luster and Sorcerer, not to mention popping it with Twin Twisters is a plus as well.

Wavering Eyes - Limit or ban. This card does too much for its own good.

Performapal Skullcrobat Joker - This is the primary searcher for Performapal. Hit it, and the deck loses a ton of their power. Keep as is, or semi-limit.

Ignister Prominance - Can be limited, but most people run 1 - 2 anyways. It does so much.

Solemn Strike - This HAS to be limited. It's self explanatory.

Great Horn - Semi-Limit at most.

What can come back?

Honestly, Exciton. It was a good anti-pend card that could easily be negated.

Inzektor Hornet/Dragonfly. Unlimiting this would make it tier 2 at best. If Strike is left unchecked then Inzektors have a problem. We also have mass negations readily available, so backrow can wreck it.

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity - Obviously this can come back for reasons.

Elemental HERO Stratos - This can come back to 1. At 3 could cause problems with rogue decks.

Rescue Cat - This was mostly used in X-Sabers. It's better to keep it at 1, maybe 2.

Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshu Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:44 am

Trini wrote:Lets bring full power rulers back D:

ok how about. NO

like MAYBE the rulers can come back but no way in hell can they come back at full power. maybe like 1-2 rulers get unbaned and to 1 at most. not all of them at 3. thats just dumb and i would like to not have more than 1 super OTK meta deck out there
Oshu
Oshu
The Shining Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:48 am

Trini wrote:Lets bring full power rulers back D:
Hell, lets just bring back Frog FTK. All this game needs is Frog FTK.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:15 pm

I think Frog FTK can be okay since we have a lot of negation going around, though I wouldn't be happy with it.
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshu Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm

tbh. the next ban list better have the adjustments from the adjustment list i swear XD. pepe needs to be castrated and gutted so they cant do jack shit any more.
Oshu
Oshu
The Shining Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:02 pm

im going to say that the next actual full list will most likely include most if not all of these hits we might see 1 or 2 of the cards go to semi limited but i don't think they will stray to much with these cards
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

Back to top Go down

Post by DillPickles Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:53 am

Monarchs: Untouched

Kozmo: Probably untouched if not Kozmo Town to 1 or 2 maybe? I don't really see them making huge hits to this deck now that Monarchs are out and is overall a better deck.

PePe: The cards hit here are probably going to be what was hit on the adjusted list. Generally I can see the adjusted list just getting added to the banlist.

Possible Wild Cards: Thousand-Eyes Restrict/Sangan/Cyber Stein/Premature Burial

Possible For Semi-Limited: Book Of Moon/Compulsory Evacuation Device

Possible For Unlimited: Dragon Ravine/Atlantean Dragoons
DillPickles
DillPickles

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:05 am

Possible Unbans: Lavalval Chain/Exciton Knight/Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity/Heavy Storm/Harpie's Feather Duster/Stratos or Tempest/

Possible Limits: Solemn Strike/Instant Fusion/Norden/Kozmo Town/Dark Destroyer/Pandeity Monarchs/DMoC

Possible Semi-Limits: Deep Sea Diva/Inzektor Hornet/Compulse/Bottomless/Torrential

Possible Unlimits: Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk/Inzektor Dragonfly/Divine Wind of Mist Valley/Atlantean Dragoons/Dragon Ravine/Honest/Sangan/El Shaddoll Construct (Seriously....)/

Possible Bans: All on Adjusted List/Royal Magical Library (Should've been banned years ago.)
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:47 am

Ulti-Apelio wrote:Possible Unbans: Lavalval Chain/Exciton Knight/Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity/Heavy Storm/Harpie's Feather Duster/Stratos or Tempest/

Possible Limits: Solemn Strike/Instant Fusion/Norden/Kozmo Town/Dark Destroyer/Pandeity Monarchs/DMoC

Possible Semi-Limits: Deep Sea Diva/Inzektor Hornet/Compulse/Bottomless/Torrential

Possible Unlimits: Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk/Inzektor Dragonfly/Divine Wind of Mist Valley/Atlantean Dragoons/Dragon Ravine/Honest/Sangan/El Shaddoll Construct (Seriously....)/

Possible Bans: All on Adjusted List/Royal Magical Library (Should've been banned years ago.)

for your unbanned id say yes to everything besides exciton (wont get unbanned unless we get a HUGE influx of pen only decks for the next few sets) stratos and tempest (stratos no way tempest maybe but most likely no.

your limited strike instant norden and pandiety are all possible but the rest i dont see happening kozmo town might go to 2 but tht would be about it and DMoC wont come back till we get tht errata to it should once we get said errata.

your semi diva maybe hornet maybe and 1 of the traps you suggested but not all 3 at once tht would be insane (i realize that you may mean tht you think 1 of them may get semied and not all im just saying)

unlimited mabey dragonfly, dragoons, honest, dragon ravine and mist valley but everything else no way construct at 3 again wont ever happen maybe 1-2 but 2 would be pushing it and i dont see canna ever coming up from limited konami hates loops and such witch canna allowed rit beasts to excel at doing

and lastly you banned options yes to the 1st part but no to royal magic library that thing doesn't rly need to be banned and honestly unless they make something that can make it uber broken it most likely never will be.
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Kenaki Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:13 am

Ulti-Apelio wrote:Possible Unbans: Lavalval Chain/Exciton Knight/Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity/Heavy Storm/Harpie's Feather Duster/Stratos or Tempest/

^^ I agree with this 110%
Ken Kenaki
Ken Kenaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down