Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Update 3.5: Getting Reviewed by Forumotion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update 3.5: Getting Reviewed by Forumotion

Post by Alisae on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:03 pm

We have some new things for everyone today, such as our latest promotion: @White Rose Dragon as a teacher. Let's all welcome him to the business, as we are all sure that he will do an awesome job. As he also finished the rest of our banners. And I must say, they look great!

We now also have a fancy javascript that now changes the theme of codes, as well as a syntax highlighter. So have fun playing around with that. Sorta looks bad, but oh well.

But now onto the main thing about what this update is about. I decided to post on forumotion for a forum review. After all, wynaut? If we want feedback on how to improve as a forum, that's probably the first place to get it. This is probably why you saw the dicebot be alive for the day. But, please note that for our HUGE testing related update, we are going to be taking a lot of these things into consideration, and maybe improve some of these things we can improve in as well. And as for spelling and grammar when it comes to the forums description, most of that is surprisngly not my fault, moreso @MetsRule97's. So go yell at him for that. And some of these will be fix now, some later. So, for those souls who are very interested in reading this review, here you go:

Alpha Knights Academy

First Impressions

• When I took a look at your forum I didn't really know what the forum was about until later. Not sure if there was a login popup or not, but if there wasn't, I strongly recommend you implement it. A guest can get a brief description of what the forum is about through that feature. Your forum banner seems very small and close to the size of other graphics on the forum. The banner represents your forum, so having a bigger banner than what you have currently will definitely make the forum more appealing, not too big though. Also, you may want to include what your forum is about in the logo so that guests can have a better understanding of what the forum is about right off the bat. Your graphics for topics and forums are good and I don't think you need to change them but the background is very distracting and it doesn't blend with the forum theme very well at all. The background not only differs from the rest of the forum, it is bright and makes some of the text on the forum hard to read. Try having one solid color as the background, a dark color is preferred; maybe dark grey, dark brown or black?

General Forum Appearance

• Your general and overall appearance is nice. I really like the topic icons you use on the forum for topics. They look very nice and professional; well done! I also like how you have two columns for the forums and categories, it makes the forum more organized, unique, and easier to navigate. Your Navigation Bar looks professional and the text looks very nice. The text on the forums graphics is a little hard to read for some of them but that doesn't really matter because they are the titles of the forums and are shown right above the graphics.

Forum Activity

• Your forum seems to be very active. There are many registered users that go online everyday but I don't see that many posts per day. Try increasing those posts as you have a lot of members that are logging in everyday.

Staff & Usergroups

• The usergroups' colors are good. I am not much of a fan with the yellow as it is a little too bright for my taste. I viewed the usergroups, there was no description that was helpful. It is good to have a description where if I didn't know what that usergroup's job was, I could just read the description and get a good understanding of what their job is; the description just needs to be clear and concise; easy to understand and short - straight to the point. An example of a Moderator description could be, "The forum Moderators. Their job is to make sure the Rukes are being followed and respected by all users. They can provide support when help is needed"; that description is short, clear, and gives me a good understanding of who they are.

Forum Originality

• Your forum seems to be original. I haven't seen any forums like yours, you have graphics that go with your forum subject and you have a customized chat implemented that appears when clicked which is very nice and unique as I haven't seen it in any forums before.

Forum Layout & Organization

• Your forum layout was very nice. The two columns really helped with all the forums you had. It wasn't too hard to reach the bottom and your forums were placed in categories appropriately. I didn't have to question why they belonged to that category. There wasn't any forums that I thought needed to be combined or removed except I don't really see the use of the forums that are for groups as no one posts in them.

Grammar & Spelling

• I noticed a several mistakes that were displayed on your forums' descriptions. Most of these mistakes are minor.

Queen Red forum says "Even though your in Red don't get discouraged! everyone has to start out somewhere, keep practicing and eventually you will find greatness yourselves!" and should say "Even though you're in Red, don't get discouraged! Everyone has to start out somewhere, keep practicing and eventually you will find greatness yourselves!" I changed "your" to "you're", added a comma, and capitalized the E after the exclamation mark.

Jack blue says "Residing in this dorm means your an Elite duelist, keep pushing forward so you can become one of the very best!" and should say "Residing in this dorm means you're an Elite duelist, keep pushing forward so you can become one of the very best!" Changed "your" to "you're".

Joker Purple says "This is where the best of the best Reside, they have the qualities to be the king (or queen) of games!" and should say "This is where the best of the best reside, they have the qualities to be the monarch of games!" Uncapitalized the R for "reside" and changed "king (or queen)" to "monarch" but you can change it to "king or queen"; the parenthesis are not needed.

The Classroom says "This is where all the students go to learn from their respective dorm teachers, don't slack off! And if you have a deck you need help with, go to the "Rate My Deck" Subforum and post it there. We would all love to help." and should say "This is where all the students go to learn from their respective dorm teachers, don't slack off! And if you have a deck you need help with, go to the "Rate My Deck!" subforum and post it there; we would all love to help." Added an exclamation mark to the title as that is what the sub-forum is called, uncapitalized "subforum, and changed a period to a semicolon.

Other Discussions says "This is where most of the random stuff goes, other discussion, goes. So have fun!" and should say "This is where most of the random and other discussion go. So have fun!" I removed some words and changed "goes" to "go".

The Wasteland says "This is where everything else goes, that just doesn't quite fit anywhere else. We also have posting games in the Arcana Force Arcade Subforum, so try out our lovely posting games in there." and should say "This is where everything else goes that just doesn't quite fit anywhere else. We also have posting games in the Arcana Force Arcade subforum so try out our lovely posting games in there." I took out all the commas and uncapitalized "subforum".

A few other forums you have have some capitalization errors, so be sure to retread them all.

Testing says "Here you can request a test, so that a tester will contact you, and post your results." and should say "Here you can request a test so that a tester will contact you and post your results." I removed all the commas.

Average Review Score: 7.8

Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Re: Update 3.5: Getting Reviewed by Forumotion

Post by Some Fat Guy on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:13 am

Suppose it's a good thing I behaved today.
Some Fat Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:51 am

Some Fat Guy wrote:Suppose it's a good thing I behaved today.
Reviewers doesn't care about members themselves, he cares about reviewing the forum, and if they have them.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top