Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

AKA XTR Archetype Event Details & Rules

+4
riot1man
thepikachu176
阿尔法龟
Valkoor
8 posters

Go down

AKA XTR Archetype Event Details & Rules Empty AKA XTR Archetype Event Details & Rules

Post by Valkoor Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:51 am

AKA XTR Archetype Event

AKA XTR Archetype Event Details & Rules LqGtY3o

Hey, Guest! Welcome to the XTR Archetype Event!

Details and Rules
Welcome, fellow duelists and AKA members, to our first annual (maybe annual, I don't know) XTR Archetype event! In this challenge, you will be tested both in skill and knowledge of an archetype... and only that archetype. That's right, your deck will consist of only cards from your archetype and partner archetypes. You say you're a fan of an archetype? Well, then, let's see that in action.

Rules and Details
1.) Your deck will be restricted to one archetype, as well as any partnering archetypes and support it may have (i.e. you can use Infestation and Evilswarm, or Crystal Beast and Over the Rainbow). You cannot, however, use counterpart archetypes (i.e. you can't use Evilswarm and Steelswarm).

2.) Staples and other techs are not allowed; your entire deck must compose of your archetype.

3) If the archetype doesn't have enough cards to hit the minimum deck card count, then that archetype can't be used.

4.) It's first come, first serve; two people can't use the same archetype.

5.) The extra deck is not restricted in the cards you can use for it, but the side deck is.

6.) This will be TCG/OCG Match format.

7.) We will be following the current November 2015 banlist, but we will not be following the banlist adjustments for higher level play.

8.) Decks are locked.

9.) Disconnection will result in a game loss (not a match loss), unless the opponent says otherwise or a screenshot can be provided that proves the disconnected player was in an advantageous situation.

10.) The tournament will be done by a single elimination bracket. If two players fail to duel, the one who has been more active by jurisdiction of an admin of myself will decide who advances.

11.) Decks with themes, but no specific archetype, are not allowed.

Prizes
First Place: 150 Credits + Custom Rank Name "Master (Archetype Used) Duelist" for a Week
Second Place: 100 Credits
Third Place: 50 Credits

Questions?
Any questions pertaining to the rules or if an archetype is allowed in the event or not can be posted here or asked via PM to me. Have fun! ~
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

AKA XTR Archetype Event Details & Rules Empty Re: AKA XTR Archetype Event Details & Rules

Post by 阿尔法龟 Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:07 am

Majespectre! nah jk
阿尔法龟
阿尔法龟

Back to top Go down

AKA XTR Archetype Event Details & Rules Empty Re: AKA XTR Archetype Event Details & Rules

Post by thepikachu176 Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:31 pm

So do you mean for example I can run dragard with Hieratic dragons, but I can't use hieratics and run 2 blackwings?
thepikachu176
thepikachu176

Back to top Go down

Post by riot1man Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 pm

By staples, do you mean mirror force, mystical space typhoon, etc.?
riot1man
riot1man

Back to top Go down

Post by necruta Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:37 pm

thepikachu176 wrote:So do you mean for example I can run dragard with Hieratic dragons, but I can't use hieratics and run 2 blackwings?
No you can not. The cards you can run must DIRECTLY reference the entire archetype name you are running, hence why Steelswarm and Evilswarm are seperated. So if you want to run Hieratic dragons you can only use cards with Hieratic in the name or cards with Hieratic in the card text.

riot1man wrote:By staples, do you mean mirror force, mystical space typhoon, etc.?
Yes, those are the staples he means. Basically generic cards every deck can run.
necruta
necruta
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungX Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:35 pm

I wish to join the event. Do I just say I want to and I"m registered?
YoungX
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:36 pm

Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungX Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:15 am

Question: Is extra deck limited to archetype cards?
YoungX
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:07 am

YoungX wrote:Question: Is extra deck limited to archetype cards?
5.) The extra deck is not restricted in the cards you can use for it, but the side deck is.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:41 pm

So since I am using Fluffal I can use XYZ cards? And the side deck is archetype restricted?
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:48 pm

This is all very clearly detailed in the rules.

> The extra deck is not restricted in any way beyond the banlist
> The side deck is archetype-exclusive, like the main deck

Any further questions about those two things will be ignored.
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down