Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

The Year of the Furry (Upcoming Movies Discussion)

5 posters

Go down

The Year of the Furry (Upcoming Movies Discussion) Empty The Year of the Furry (Upcoming Movies Discussion)

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:40 pm

Ever notice how most of the most anticipated movies of the year involve some sort of animal as the main protagonist? Let me list a few:

Zootopia
Norm of the North
Kung Fu Panda 3
The Secret Life of Pets
Angry Birds
Ice Age 5
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clank
Animal Crackers

And my personal favorite:

The Boy and the Beast (Trailer here)

Why?

I have a theory: Xenophobia.

You see, a lot has been happening in the world lately. A lot of it is race, immigration, religion, and rights related. Having these kinds of movies with multiple races living in "peace" like we do can be seen as an attempt to calm this type of thing for a little bit.

Even though this is highly unlikely to be true, many people just won't shut up about this theory and speculation. Which of these movies are you the most excited to see? Which appeal to you the most? Why? What do you think of this theory? Why do you think there are so many "furry" oriented movies this year?
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

The Year of the Furry (Upcoming Movies Discussion) Empty Re: The Year of the Furry (Upcoming Movies Discussion)

Post by Dragonecro0987 Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:25 am

I share a few similar opinions to reviewers and critics I have seen online. However I believe I narrowed it down to one idea:

Identity

This theory, I first saw, was by Gnoggin when he went over why Furries actually do exist. One idea he brought up was the identity of the main characters. Anyone can put a personality to a human character. However sometimes cliques may spawn and as such, that one character can get lost in the vast sea of characters with similar personalities. However, making it an animal would mean that you could narrow it down faster by their appearance more than personality.

The reason I say Identity is that animals are beloved by many kids worldwide. Not only that, but these types of characters can deliver great morals to kids for the future. And they are easily recognizable by kids, making the morals stick. This is also why many mascots for cereals and snacks are animals. Memorability is the key figure in this.

But that is just my 2 cents.
Dragonecro0987
Dragonecro0987

Back to top Go down

The Year of the Furry (Upcoming Movies Discussion) Empty Re: The Year of the Furry (Upcoming Movies Discussion)

Post by Dazo Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:32 am

My dad likes to watch movies, and because he knew I liked anime he made me sit through the trailer of The Boy and The Beast because he thought I would be interested. I cringed the whole time and wanted to kill myself.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungX Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:02 am

Was it because it was dub?
YoungX
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:35 pm

I like Kung Fu Panda and Ice Age, very symphatic movies.

Apart from the list, I'm really looking forward to see following movies:

Batman Vs Superman
Civil War
Suicide Squad
Doctor Strange
Fantastic Beasts
TMNT 2
Assassin's Creed

I feel like I didn't list a few :C
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down