Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

AKA Weekly: Behemoth the King of All Animals

2 posters

Go down

AKA Weekly: Behemoth the King of All Animals Empty AKA Weekly: Behemoth the King of All Animals

Post by Valkoor Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:28 pm

Hello, children of the night and daughters of the dark! It's come time for another quick discussion, because I don't want to get fired I want you all to learn more of the world and whatnot. So, today we'll be starting a weekly segment! Once a week, I'm going to keep hitting random on the YGOWiki page until I stumble across an interesting (and hopefulyl usable) card, and post about it here! So, without further ado, let's look at...

Behemoth the King of All Animals:

Now, the first thing that should strike you about this card is that you need to tribute summon it, which should immediately turn your attention to The Monarchs Stormforth. Right off the bat we have some decent tech cards for it, allowing us to easily get rid of one of our opponents monsters while still going plus because we still tributed another monster. The other thing that should strike you about this card is that it follows the Monarch logic: Don't go minus. What I mean by this is, like the Monarchs often pop or banish or spin a card your opponent has to ensure you still maintain advantage even while playing a slower card, Behemoth replenishes your resources to do the same. In short, you can never go minus with him. Now, time for ways to bring him out.

The main ways without using additional engines and sticking to beasts would likely be one of two archetypes: Raccoon and Fabled. Let's start with Fabled, because there's a very interesting interraction here. Fabled composes of two sub-archetypes: "Fabled" and "The Fabled". The main difference between them is that while Fabled is composed of Fiend-type monsters, The Fabled is composed of Beast-type monsters. There is a very good way you could summon and resolve Behemoth is through The Fabled Nozoochee and The Fabled Cerburrel. By using Nozoochee to discard Cerberrul and summon both to the field, you not only have tribute fodder for Behemoth, but you can also grab back your two Fableds to immediately drop them again and either go for The Fabled Unicore or Number 64: Ronin Raccoon Sandayu (along with a 2700 ATK token to boot). The same combo works with Obedience Schooled as well, which is an amazing way to get immediate set up for Behemoth.

With that being said, next comes the Raccoons. Raccoons are pretty great tribute fodder, seeing as they not only have easy Sandayu access, but are probably the most effective users of Obedience Schooled (still an amazing card). Set up a Baby Raccoon Tantan and protect it, and you have wonderful set-up for Behemoth. On top of that, Baby Raccoon Ponpoko is amazing, allowing you to set up a sort of field again in an instant. They're also much more consistent, and Behemoth could even be run as a side thought or standard tech, allowing for a recycling of resources.

With both of these decks, keep in mind three important plans for Behemoth plays: Synchro Summons, Ayers Rock Sunrise, and Obedience Schooled. Both Raccoons and Fableds tend to run level 1 tuners (The Fabled Chawa in Fabled and Key Mouse in Raccoon), making a quick level 8 Synchro Summon after Behemoth is played off of Obedience Schooled a definitely viable, and preferable, option. On the note of Obedience Schooled, this card is amazing. Use it if you're running this card. Do it. Ayers Rock Sunrise is also an amazing option, working as a Reborn for tribute fodder as well as bumping down your opponent's monsters' ATK for potential OTK's or just running over stuff. Besides that, other options for getting Behemoth out could potentially include some janky version of Ojama or Nimble Momonga.

Anyway, that's about it! If you think I missed anything substantial, let me know below. Have fun using Behemoth the King of All Animals!
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

AKA Weekly: Behemoth the King of All Animals Empty Re: AKA Weekly: Behemoth the King of All Animals

Post by MetsRule97 Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:45 am

Holy crap, this card is actually really good, I know I have seen it before but I never could think of ways to effectively use it! Please do more of these, maybe we can even make suggestions for you to go over?
MetsRule97
MetsRule97

Back to top Go down

AKA Weekly: Behemoth the King of All Animals Empty Re: AKA Weekly: Behemoth the King of All Animals

Post by Valkoor Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:22 pm

Yeah, sure. Feel free to either leave suggestions of obscure but potentially useably cards here or PM me through Skype/AKA PM's.
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down