Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

AKA Discord?

+3
Dazo
YoungX
Asgore Dreemurr
7 posters

Go down

AKA Discord? Empty AKA Discord?

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Wed May 11, 2016 7:00 pm

If you don't know what Discord is, it's this new program that is another medium of communication similar to the likes of Skype and Teamspeak. It has a ton of new features that Skype and Teamspeak do not have, and is much more safe and easy to use than any other application.

You can create multiple channels within a free server to separate chats by subject, and the friend system is very secure, so you won't get spammed by some random on Skype. You won't get sniped online either, because it comes with IP protection and server encryption. Not only that, but there is both a browser and downloadable version.

I was thinking we could migrate to Discord, since it is much safer and people who can't or don't have Skype can use it. We can separate our RP and AKA chat to be completely independent, and have a chat dedicated to voice chat while all being under a single server. We can also make other kinds of channels and keep it all neat and organized. There are also server roles, so moderation is possible. (There are also moderation levels, so we can translate AKA staff ranks to Discord with no problem.) Also, Discord runs much better than Skype does. So voice lag and other issues will never be a problem.

You can check out all the features here compared to other applications: (It also comes with a dark mode Very Happy)
https://discordapp.com/features

Downloadable version: https://discordapp.com/download

You can choose to not download it and instead use the browser version.

Discord is much more customizable than Skype and relatively more convenient overall.
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

AKA Discord? Empty Re: AKA Discord?

Post by YoungX Wed May 11, 2016 7:07 pm

I'll give it a shot. I mean I'll still use Skype, but I'll give it a whirl nonetheless. Also Ten, Videns character in SF2 is making greetings with Cylon.
YoungX
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Wed May 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Also Ten, Videns character in SF2 is making greetings with Cylon.
Sorry. Been really busy so I didn't notice. Finals weeks of school are stressful.

Also, to add friends on Discord, you take their Discord tag and add their number.

For example, my Discord is Gnash#3366
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungX Wed May 11, 2016 7:18 pm

I sent you a friend request. YoungX is the name.
YoungX
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Wed May 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Thank you for the suggestion @Asgore Dreemurr

If you want your suggestion to become a reality, give me the names of X people who do not have mod or admin powers on AKA and I guess we could try to make it happen. AKA get a petition going and get signatures.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungX Wed May 11, 2016 9:14 pm

@Dazo 

Damn Bote, back at it again with the pointing. : )
YoungX
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Wed May 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii Wed May 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Separating the chats hasn't worked in the past, considering some of us (myself included) have a habit of just talking about RP stuff whenever we feel like it without going to the other chat. What makes you think we're not going to do the same simply because it's "more organized"?
Tamashii
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Wed May 11, 2016 10:23 pm

Tamashii wrote:Separating the chats hasn't worked in the past, considering some of us (myself included) have a habit of just talking about RP stuff whenever we feel like it without going to the other chat. What makes you think we're not going to do the same simply because it's "more organized"?
Tama, I told ya in skype, and I'll say it here: We're not going to yell at people to make it more organized. I don't care about organization, and I don't think Luna or Ruby does either. If they do, they can say otherwise.

Here is what I did not tell you though. If say we do get a discord, I'd probably set up a text channel for announcements and stuff that only admin could send messages through. Like "Oh, this RP is starting up" or "Welcome this person as a mod" or things along those lines. We will not force organization on the community.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii Wed May 11, 2016 10:27 pm

That wasn't what I asked on here at all, Dazo. Your response here literally has nothing to do with my question, which was this: Why bother separating the chats when no one is gonna follow it anyway?
Tamashii
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Wed May 11, 2016 10:29 pm

It was an option they can consider implementing. The decision to do so is up to the mods, ya know. It's just a feature I wanted to put out there to show the many uses Discord can have.

EDIT: This is one thing @Dazo talked about with the announcement channel thing. http://prntscr.com/b30cta
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Wed May 11, 2016 10:42 pm

Tamashii wrote:That wasn't what I asked on here at all, Dazo. Your response here literally has nothing to do with my question, which was this: Why bother separating the chats when no one is gonna follow it anyway?
We wouldn't lmao.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebreath Thu May 12, 2016 3:52 pm

The fact that dazo is posting about this, and you guys are denying him. Is bad. I agree with this and we should kick the skype chat and move to this.
Firebreath
Firebreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Lmao fire, I'm hopin for the best and preparing for the worst. If anything, if people actually do say they want to do it and post it (mods and admins not included) then it just gives me a reason to actually talk to you nubs more and maybe even care.

Not to mention I USE discord on a daily basis. I know it's a good program. Just giving AKA a server convinces me more. Besides that, I don't really care if we have it or if we don't. If people want it, people can have it.

But usually if ten and I back up an idea, people tend not to like it, usually how things work around here.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebreath Thu May 12, 2016 8:05 pm

Lol i got Discord a while ago because i was looking for Roleplays and it is good. And i want you back because i like you fam. OG's. And we really need to change the skype, AKA has been tech dead for a while now.
Firebreath
Firebreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Thu May 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Firebreath wrote:Lol i got Discord a while ago because i was looking for Roleplays and it is good. And i want you back because i like you fam. OG's. And we really need to change the skype, AKA has been tech dead for a while now.
Yeah...Good luck with that.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm

People hate us by default so they discard our ideas most of the tim. I'm just saying this is something that'll benefit them. It'd be appreciate it you the members of AKA could convince people to sign. Also you guys, do me a favor and please add my Discord: Gnash#3366

Non-admins need to like this or else it can't happen. I just hope people can see this objectively rather than denying it for being...well us.
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii Thu May 12, 2016 8:38 pm

I see no reason for it. The skype chat has been doing fine and no one has been complaining or having issues aside from the occasional lag spikes. I'm not switching. Sorry, not sorry.
Tamashii
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Fri May 13, 2016 4:45 pm

Nice thought, but no reason for it. Skype is working fine for the majority and the majority will not want to switch. This includes the most active admin (me.)
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Some Fat Guy Fri May 13, 2016 8:10 pm

Skype chat? Discord? Is that where you guys went? I though this place was pretty friggin ded! No wonder! Razz Anyways one of you nublets should add me to the Skype chat.
Some Fat Guy
Some Fat Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Fri May 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Ya sure kid, what's your skype name? I'll add you or someone else will before me.
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Some Fat Guy Sat May 14, 2016 2:23 am

My skype name is Large Kid (extrea word.)
Some Fat Guy
Some Fat Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Sun May 15, 2016 9:22 pm

I can't find you on skype, doesn't valk or tama have you added? Make them add you to the group.
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Some Fat Guy Mon May 16, 2016 2:01 am

YoungX just added me is he able to let me in?
Some Fat Guy
Some Fat Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down