Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Favorite Archetypes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Archetypes

Post by Valkoor on Sun May 22, 2016 11:41 pm

Hello, AKA! Actually making content again. Huh, go figure. Anyway, this is going to be a quick one, but what are all of your guys' favorite archetypes or decks? Just post your five favorite archetypes/decks below, along with a short reason or story for each. I'll start.

1.) Spellbook/Prophecy - Not only is this my main since its release, but I love its theme. First of all, control/toolbox strategies are my favorite playstyle by far, and on top of that, the art, lore, and basis of these cards are absolutely amazing. 'Cept Judgment. Fuck that card.

2.) Traptrix - Insect and plant lolis that are all my waifus? Sounds about right for favorite material. Also, searchable Bottomless Trap Hole. 'Nuff said.

3.) Fabled - My main throughout the 5D's era, and oh boy did I love this deck. It struck me as the only true, hyper-aggressive deck that I've ever really liked, and the potential for two extremely differing win conditions (Quasar and Unicore) within the same deck really got me hooked.

4.) Darklord - The only Fairy-Type deck I like. Honestly, I think these guys are insanely cool, and only wish there was more revival support to make them work. Even then, I never got bored of trying.

5.) Symphonic Warrior - This is a more recent development in my personal lsit, but the mixture of their splashability, unique playstyle, and what I personally think is probably my favorite artwork of all the machine archetypes really makes this one of my favorites.

Honorable Mentions: Infernity, Plant Synchro, Gishki, Shaddoll, D-HERO, Fortune Lady
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Archetypes

Post by Dragonecro0987 on Mon May 23, 2016 12:13 am

1.) D/D/D (Different Dimensional Demons) - When I first saw D/D on DN, I was curious about the deck and how much potential it could hold mostly from the fact that I saw them before D/D/D Rebel King Leonidas was added to their roster. Through experimenting with them, I am discovered many different builds of this deck. Not only that, but I was hyped when I was witness to the user of D/D/D in the Arc-V anime, Reiji, and how much power the deck had. And as such it will remain as one of my top 5 Archetypes.

2.) Zombies - I honestly have no real clue how to classify this as an archetype but in general I fell for Zombies way back in 2010 or 2011 as I was looking around a school book fair when I came across book 1 of the YGO 5Ds Manga. The main event of that book was that Yusei had to duel the Skeleton Knight to save his friend Sect. The duel sparked my interest in the zombies especially with the Knight's ace monster, who was the base of my choice to name myself Dragonecro0987 or Necro.

3.) Burning Abyss - Despite many people mostly hating how this TCG exclusive archetype never seems to die, this deck was pretty important to me as this was my main Meta Deck I used in rated during the era of Shaddolls, Nekroz, and Qliphorts. I grew attached to the references to Dante's Inferno and The Divine Comedy as a whole as I am a literary type of guy. Also the fact their playstyle taught me to be more alert with my mils because of all the times on DN I forgot to activate Scarm. Overall a good deck to me.

4.) Gimmick Puppets - When I got back into YGO some time when we were ushered into the era of XYZ, I was looking for a deck to use that was not Zombies has I wanted to focus on that when my name sake came out. Soon, I noticed Gimmick Puppets and made a fairly decent deck and tested it. Soon I improved upon this RUM build and I find it still a fun deck to use from time to time.

5.) Genex - The SOLE reason I find Genex so amusing is because of the help I had in crafting a deck that will last throughout the ages for power, flexibility, and overall skill. That being my Genex deck with added Symphonic Warrior tech and a Brilliant Fusion engine to boot. This deck has toppled Kozmo, Monarchs, and even OTKed Dracopals before the banlist that crippled them. I find this absolutely absurd and that is why I love this archetype.

Honorable Mentions: Phantom Knights, Dragon Rulers, Metalphosis, Dark World, Battlin' Boxers

Name: Satanael
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Necro's Theme Song:

Dragonecro0987

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii on Mon May 23, 2016 12:32 am

1) Gem-Knights - Around 2007 I stopped playing Yu-Gi-Oh due to how bored I had gotten with the game, so when I came back around 2011-12, Gem-Knights were the first deck I picked up. I was so tired of seeing Heroes being the only main fusion deck for a while and decided to put them in their place with this deck. Since then it's held a special place in my heart.

2) Heraldic Beasts - When I started getting into the competitive scene in Yu-gi-oh, I wanted to find a deck that was just as fast as the meta without it being meta, and one that could take them by surprise. After seeing a friend playing them on DN, I decided to try them out myself and with the addition of more and more Rank 4 Xyz monsters over time the deck continued to evolve until I eventually managed to 2-0 Burning Abyss with it.

3) Shaddolls - While most people jumped on the dick of Shaddolls during their time in the meta, I fell in love with this deck when they were first announced in the OCG, before they were even released. I have a deep love for puppets and dolls and the like, and seeing how badass Nephilim looked with millions of wires around her, controlling the other Shaddolls, I fell in love. If I ever used a meta deck in wars or anything, this was one of two decks I'd go to.

4) Mermails - The second meta deck I went to for a while; before Shaddolls were announced, and Dragon Ruler format was taking us by storm, Mermails were the meta deck I would run to combat them. Their fast-paced combo style and their synergy with the Atlantean archetype fit my aggressive playstyle like a glove, and to this day they remain my go-to deck for serious duels.

5) Chronomalies - A while back this deck would've been number 3 on this type of list but I've grown a tad tired of them as of late. However, what made me go to them in the first place was what they were based off of. Chronological Anomalies are places and objects in history that leave big mysteries surrounding their existence; how did they get there? Who made them? Etc. These things, like Easter Island Moai heads and stone technology, always interested me as a kid as history was a love of mine. Combine this with their synergy with rank 4 and 5 Xyz summons and this was my other go-to for fun decks.
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Mon May 23, 2016 2:53 am

I liek the Mudkip and Overwatch archety- oh wait wrong games

Tho I like Burgesstoma because of how similar it reminds me to chain beat and bullshit combos and bullshit fields the deck can produce.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? on Mon May 23, 2016 8:39 am

1) Ghostricks - i have love these guys there artwork creepy but cute is jsut gr8 and ever sense i stumbled onto them while playing in unrated on DN i had no idea what they were when i 1st saw them but after tht duel i made myself a few decks (this was b4 they got angle and other support) and sense then have always loved my ghostricks just for the sheer troll factor that they have.

2)Shaddolls - (was almost number 1) like Tamashii i fell in love with these dark and shadowy puppets when they were in the ocg when the came to the tcg and even now with our mighty nephilim banned i still love my shaddolls my fav variant being my own take on a chaos build b4 shads big power cards got hit this deck was undefeated in well over 100 duels including both online and IRL.

3) Gusto - while looking for new decks to build i looked at a list of yugioh archetypes i went through a few but didnt rly like them or the were not a complete archetype but then i came to gusto and for the longest time i spent trying to get the deck where i could have it as a sphreeze spam with not much avail so i put the deck on hold hopeing for new support or maybe just a card tht might work and behold we got pillica she was a godsend to the deck and from when she came in and onwards gustos have always had a place in my line up of decks whether as my main or otherwise.

4) Artifacts - another archetype i loved from the time they were 1st announced they were so unique (and still are) with monsters being able to be set in the spell/trap zone and if they are destroyed in your opponents turn you get to summon them and get some effects (the bane of all back row hate in their heyday) and there artwork drew me to the archetype as well to me looking like slightly steampunk styled weapons made me love them all the more.

5) Yang Zing - love there artwork there play style being a little similar to another 1 of my fav decks on this list the gusto realy sticking with that old borderlands saying of I NEVER DIE!! weather your vsing them or playing them 1 would be killed to be quickly replaced by another 1 or more they just seemed to be endless then you get to there amazing range of synchro summoning and the buffs they give said synchros there just awesome.
Twisted Like Me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Some Fat Guy on Mon May 23, 2016 3:58 pm

1. HEROs Yeah yeah, i'm a scrublord. but heros were the first archetype from GX which was the first one i actually paid attention to and knew what was going on.

2. Mermails. First deck I built after i came back to yu gi oh. Awesome combos and they also got some love recently.
3. Mecha Phantom Beasts. After I played mermails I realized how much I loved rank 7's like dracossack and big eye so i decided to take a look at the archetype that comes with dracossack and it was pretty fun. I made a pretty defensive deck but it worked for awhile and i'll probably go back to using it soon.
4. Satellarknights. They spam. They are the archetype that satellar was based on. rank fours are baller AF.
5. Shaddolls. had to put em on the list because some of you guys took a lot of time to try and teach them to me and i really appreciate it.

Some Fat Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr on Tue May 24, 2016 11:48 am

1) Ritual Beast - I love aggressive-control decks. I love the amazing and deep duel terminal lore that comes with Ritual Beasts, and at the same time love the artwork.

2) D/D/D - Please, the lore, artwork, the names, effects, aggressive control. This is everything I love in one deck.

3) Yang Zing - God, I love this deck. Not only does it have a decently hard learning curve like RB, but they're damn fun to play with too, especially with Metalphosis and Pals.

4) Inzektor - This one takes me back. I remember when they were full power, and I still run them. They're really fun with HEROs. This deck is just nostalgic and fun.

5) Nekroz - Shut up. This deck has amazing lore, fun playstyle, takes a lot of skill to use, and the artwork is great.

Honorable mentions: Burning Abyss, Phantom Knight, Performapal, Performage, Dracoslayer, Synchron, Raidraptor, Madolche, Bujin, Majespecter.

Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii on Tue May 24, 2016 4:33 pm

For the record, Nekroz take about as much skill as Exodia FTK...Coming from someone who used and faced the deck about a hundred times each...
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor on Tue May 24, 2016 9:13 pm

@Tamashii wrote:For the record, Nekroz take about as much skill as Exodia FTK...Coming from someone who used and faced the deck about a hundred times each...

Eh. Depends what you mean. The mirror match was immensely skillful, just like the Doll mirror at the time. Most the other match-ups were just "Face Qli's and pray they don't have floodgates, face anything else and win".
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by necruta on Tue May 24, 2016 10:22 pm

The match-ups were skill based yes, however the deck itself almost plays itself XD
necruta
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top