Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Everything Needed to Play Mafia

Go down

Everything Needed to Play Mafia Empty Everything Needed to Play Mafia

Post by Dazo Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Everything Needed to Play Mafia

Mafia is a game where there are 2 major factions: The Town, and Mafia (People will refer to this as Scum sometimes). The objective for the Town is to get rid of all of the Mafia, and the objective for the Mafia is to kill the town. Roles are decided based on RNG, and a player can either end up with 'Mafia', 'Town', Or one of the 'Neutral' roles.
The Neutrals are not aligned with anyone but himself/herself, and they seek out their own unique win conditions.
The Mafia are the 'bad guys'. They know who each other are and at night communicate with each other in their Night and Day Chat. At Night, they decide who they wish to kill, and if the Mafia cannot come to a decision, the Godfather's decision rules all.
The Town are the 'Good Guys'. Mafia wins once there is an equal number of Town and Mafia left alive. They don't know who each other are and have to discuss and logically deduce who the Mafia and Neutrals are, then vote to lynch them. In order for a lynch to be locked, 51% of the players alive must have voted for the same person (example: if there's 8 people, its 5 votes to lock the lynch). Ending the day early via Skipday requires the same amount of votes as a lynch.

The game is split into two phases: Day and Night.
The Day Phase is when the players discuss everything that happened the previous night and try to decide who to lynch (when a player is lynched, they are killed and eliminated from the game. Their role is revealed at the end of the day). At the start of the day phase, whoever was killed the previous night is revealed.
During the Night Phase, discussing in the day chat (which is simply posting in the thread) is illegal and if you do this you will be in trouble. The Night phase is when the Mafia decide who to kill, and other roles with Night Actions PM the host  saying what they will be doing. Example, if I was the Cop and I wanted to investigate @Necruta, I would PM the host Investigate Necruta.
Rules
- Talking about the current Mafia game outside of day/night chats is strictly forbidden, and doing such actions will result in a warning and/or modkill.
- You are NOT allowed to provide proof of your identity (example: copying the PM where your role was sent out or taking a screenshot). This is cheating and you will be modkilled if you do this.
- Editing your messages in this forum has been disabled, as editting messages is something that should never be done, as this is cheating. Because of this, double or tripple posting is okay.
- IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE ACTIVE ENOUGH TO SUBMIT YOUR NIGHT ACTION EVERY NIGHT AND POST IN THE DAY CHAT AT LEAST THREE TIMES A DAY, YOU SHOULDN'T SIGN UP!
- Purposeful game throwing will get you modkilled and banned from future games.
- Checking someone's post count to find out if they have any sort of night/day chat will get you modkilled.
- Players that may need to be replaced or modkilled due to inactivity will not be allowed to play within the next game.
- If an admin takes part in a game, https://www.quicktopic.com/ will be used as the medium for all night chats the admin is not apart of except for the dead chat.
- These rules are subject to change at any moment.
Commands
To lynch someone type in bold Vote -Player Name Here-, or Lynch -Player Name Here-
To end the day early, type Skipday
To submit your night action type -Action Here- - Player's Name Here -
To requrest a lynch count or ask a question directed towards the host, type in MOD and tag the host's name.
Abbreviations and Terms
I plan on adding more Abbreviations and Terms here as we go on, so expect this list to get bigger as time goes on. Not all of these will see play, so the common ones will be bolded

AFAIK: As Far As I Know
AtE: Appeal to Emotion
BP: Bulletproof, or less commonly Beloved Princess, depending on context.
BoP: Burden of Proficiency
BWCS: Best Worst Case Scenario. This is most commonly used when there is a claim of a Vanilla Townie to argue that that player should be lynched (if they are scum, well and good; if they are Town, no power roles were lost).
EBWODP: Edit By Way Of (Double) Post. Because actual editing of posts in mafia games is forbidden in most games, the only way to "edit" a post which contains an error is to make another post containing the correction.
FoS: Finger of Suspicion. Used to indicate that you find someone suspicious but are not going to vote them, for whatever reason (often because you are voting for someone even more suspicious).
FTFY: Fixed that for you. Usually said under quotes that have been altered for truthery.
GG: Good Game. Equivalent to "Congratulations".
HoS: Hand of Suspicion. This is used when an FoS is not enough to convey the extent of your suspicion.
IIoA: Information Instead of Analysis
IME: In My Experience
IoA: Information over Analysis. Similar to IIoA.
Iso (or ISO): Isolation. Usually refers to reading a player's posts in isolation. You can view one person's posts "in Isolation" by using the "Display posts from previous" drop down boxes at the bottom of every page.
IGMEOY (or IGMEOU): I've Got My Eye On You
ITT: In This Thread (or In This Topic)
JK: Jailkeeper
LAMIST: Look at me, I'm so town
L-1: Lynch minus one. This either refers to the second-to-last vote before a lynch is obtained, or a state where a player only needs one more vote to be lynched.
L-#: Lynch - number, The number indicates how many votes a player needs to be lynched. Eg, in a 9 player game, a player with 3 votes on him is at L-2 (5-3).

LyLo: Lynch-Or-Lose. This is a stage in the game where the town must lynch scum or they will lose the game.
MB : Multiball. A game with more than one scum faction.
MFoS: Middle Finger of Suspicion. Probably self-explanatory given what FoS means.
MyLo: Mislynch and Lose. A stage in the game where the town can no-lynch safely. However, should they mislynch instead, it is likely one of the town will die the next night, resulting in a scum victory.
NK: Night Kill, specifically the scum's factional kill.
NL: No Lynch, when no majority on a player is reached, or when a majority of players vote to not have anyone lynched.
OMGUS: Oh My God You Suck. While occasionally used on its own as an insult, it's usually used as an inferred reasoning for purely retaliatory actions. For instance, an OMGUS vote on someone is one made purely on the basis that they are voting for you.
PbPA: Point by Point Analysis. This is a detailed analysis of (usually one player's) posts.
PEdit: Preview Edit
PL: Policy Lynch
PM: Private Message
PoE: Process of Elimination
POV: Point Of View
PR: Power Role or Post Restriction, depending on context.
QFT: Quoted for Truth(ery). Said after a quotation to express agreement/approval.
RQS: Random Questioning Stage, analternative to the Random Voting Stage for starting a game of Mafia. This has one player posing either a survey to all players or a separate question to each player.
RTFT: Read the F*cking Thread. Self-explanatory.
RVS: Random Voting Stage. Most Mafia games start with a phase wherein people vote for silly reasons, until someone slips up or makes a legitimate accusation.
sus(s): Suspicious
SK: Serial Killer
V/LA: Vacation/Limited Access. A catch-all term for "unavailable due to MeatWorld constraints".
VCA: Vote Count Analysis.
VI: Village Idiot. Not to be confused with the player Vi.
VT: Vanilla Townie.
WIFOM: Wine in Front of Me.
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary. This means your interpretation or results may be different.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down