Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Mafia Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mafia Suggestions

Post by Alisae on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Suggestions

This is where you propose suggestions for Mafia games. If you post them here, if we like what we see, I'll consider it. So feel free to suggest any roles or other things.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia Suggestions

Post by Lux on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Duh me and @Debi already put some of the roles in the Discord chat.

Guess we'll paste them here.
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by faervel on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am

Soo....as I said there were so many new roles that I disliked and I had no idea where to start with so I'mma just write it all here:

Politician: This really won't work well in a forum...and is overall an annoying role.

Burglar:Why is this role a town!?So what you'll be like "Yeah I know you are cop but I am the better cop so I'mma steal your ability" or something?And it has no limits on uses of ability!? That's a big no-no right there...

Nexus:tl;dr RNG ruins games.
Longer version is that it kills all the fun for mafia(and many other roles).Imagine this:You are in a 2v3 situation and you've played PERFECT till then and then your night target gets yourselves killed without requiring anyone to do ANYTHING on town side...It just sucks...Or imagine the moment when you end up killing yourself as SK...

LightningRod:Where to begin with...?
1st of all fun issue:
Playing as LR:You should consider yourself dead in case the killing roles outnumber saving roles and that's just the least of it...imagine having an annoying role in game such as blackmailer...
#Mute4Life
Playing with LR:Well...in case you are mafia you just CAN'T kill anyone unless there's a serial killer in game so game's gonna literally freeze till LR is dead and as cop you are just gonna find everyone innocent,unless there's a framer...then everyone's guilty.As BodyGuard you are given a free kill on a mafia/SK without needing to do anything and e.t.c...
Balance issues:Yeah game's gonna freeze as I mentioned earlier and the ONLY way of breaking it is having LR dead...it's basically a +1 for mafia before it even starts.

Daycop:A broken cop,you get to investigate anyone you want without needing to worry about framers and stuff AND you have no limits on using abilities!?Not to mention with a lil' bit of luck you can start the whole game with a HUGE advantage if you get a mafia on your 1st investigation:You get to lynch them if you role reveal,you gain town's trust,mafia hates you,and it's not even day 2 yet; And after that you'll be the last resort,smart townies leave the last lynches to you(everyone that doesn't is confirmed mafia or just plain bad) and you just go for an investigation before lynching cause who needs to wait for the night right?

Reincarnator:So 1st of all you have to inform the dead people to not spoil stuff if there's one in game for themselves cause one of them might come back but that's not the issue here.
The issue is that "The revived player is given a new hidden town role".So basically you kill yourself to revive a PLAYER not a role,Meaning that you are creating this unhealthy point of view that X is better than me; that's just wrong...

Assassin:I'd love this role if we had a Gunsmith...but we don't >.>

My previous problems still stand and I still haven't checked the new ones that aren't added fully yet so not gonna talk about them.
So was gonna write essays on Survivor,Lyncher&The jester but for now let's have this post till I write those.
faervel

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:20 pm

faervel wrote:Politician: This really won't work well in a forum...and is overall an annoying role
Politician would just have two votes to use however they would want, and the person they bought a vote from doesn't.

faervel wrote:Burglar:Why is this role a town!?So what you'll be like "Yeah I know you are cop but I am the better cop so I'mma steal your ability" or something?And it has no limits on uses of ability!? That's a big no-no right there...
Thus increasing the powercreep for the town as the game goes on, like how a cop could get off 4 investigations and solve the game himself. Is the Cop OP now?

faervel wrote:Nexus:tl;dr RNG ruins games.
Longer version is that it kills all the fun for mafia(and many other roles).Imagine this:You are in a 2v3 situation and you've played PERFECT till then and then your night target gets yourselves killed without requiring anyone to do ANYTHING on town side...It just sucks...Or imagine the moment when you end up killing yourself as SK...
BRB, making the Nexus killable. Or if it was toggleable, make him unkillable when toggled. And even if that situation comes across, in a perfect game, 2v3 day MYLO Maf would get a lynch on a townie, and game ends right there.

faervel wrote:LightningRod:Where to begin with...?
1st of all fun issue:
Playing as LR:You should consider yourself dead in case the killing roles outnumber saving roles and that's just the least of it...imagine having an annoying role in game such as blackmailer...
#Mute4Life
Playing with LR:Well...in case you are mafia you just CAN'T kill anyone unless there's a serial killer in game so game's gonna literally freeze till LR is dead and as cop you are just gonna find everyone innocent,unless there's a framer...then everyone's guilty.As BodyGuard you are given a free kill on a mafia/SK without needing to do anything and e.t.c...
Balance issues:Yeah game's gonna freeze as I mentioned earlier and the ONLY way of breaking it is having LR dead...it's basically a +1 for mafia before it even starts.
and you can, with lynches. You can lynch other people who aren't the LR. And if the Cop understands that the framer is around, then he should be smart enough to play around that. And if a balance issue comes where good players are townies and bad ones are mafia, why not balance things out with a LR. Also considering a toggle, but if I did that, a mafia LR would be in the game as well.

faervel wrote:Daycop:A broken cop,you get to investigate anyone you want without needing to worry about framers and stuff AND you have no limits on using abilities!?Not to mention with a lil' bit of luck you can start the whole game with a HUGE advantage if you get a mafia on your 1st investigation:You get to lynch them if you role reveal,you gain town's trust,mafia hates you,and it's not even day 2 yet; And after that you'll be the last resort,smart townies leave the last lynches to you(everyone that doesn't is confirmed mafia or just plain bad) and you just go for an investigation before lynching cause who needs to wait for the night right?
Frames last until the end of the day.
It's once per day.
This is why role modifiers exist, specificly the sanities.
Results are given to the daycop at the end of the day.

faervel wrote:Reincarnator:So 1st of all you have to inform the dead people to not spoil stuff if there's one in game for themselves cause one of them might come back but that's not the issue here.
The issue is that "The revived player is given a new hidden town role".So basically you kill yourself to revive a PLAYER not a role,Meaning that you are creating this unhealthy point of view that X is better than me; that's just wrong...
No I don't actually. All I have to do is not spoil stuff, and if the dead people spoil stuff themselves then oh well. But I do see where your coming from, so I'll change it to the role their origonally had. I don't know what LSD I was tripping on with that.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortoise on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks for changing some of the roles however, like double vote townie? Two votes is quite op, i know this makes it easier for the mafia to target them but they can pretty much lock a lynch any time. And the insane cop is like... I dont understand why we already have the Daycop and Cop role we need NO more cops and I overall think that the role is stupid, every other role seems legit and I think will bode well.
Tortoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Tortoise wrote:Thanks for changing some of the roles however, like double vote townie? Two votes is quite op, i know this makes it easier for the mafia to target them but they can pretty much lock a lynch any time. And the insane cop is like... I dont understand why we already have the Daycop and Cop role we need NO more cops and I overall think that the role is stupid, every other role seems legit and I think will bode well.
They are modifiers not standalone roles.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortoise on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:39 pm

I'm a noob what is a modifier role?
Tortoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:43 pm

Ya know, a modifier. Like when ya modify something to make it better?
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top