Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

AKA Mafia #2 (2nd Party Mafia Win)

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AKA Mafia #2 (2nd Party Mafia Win)

Post by Alisae on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello there, ladies and gentleman, I am your host for AKA's first Mafia game. Make sure to read all of the stickied and announced posts for information such as roles and what Mafia is.
http://alphaknight.forumotion.com/t523-everything-needed-to-play-mafia
http://alphaknight.forumotion.com/t520-roles-in-the-game-of-mafia
http://alphaknight.forumotion.com/t522-ask-a-simple-question-get-a-simple-answer-aka-s-mafia-eddition

BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF "Do I have enough time to actively post during the day phase, at least three times a day, and submit my night action ever night?" If the answer is no, you might want to sit this game out or sign up as a reserve.

Accepted Participants:

1. EchoVision
2. YoungX
3. Tortoise

4. Lux
5. Jet Valentine
6. Sentinelle
7. Pepchoninga

8. Debi
9. faervel

10. DanelerH

Reserves:

Besides that, feel free to post that you are in or you're playing or something and I will gladly sign you up. Also, specifiy if you wish to be a sub or not.

This game is not a bastard game

Currently dead roles
Jailer
Framer
Janitor
Scum

Insane Cop
Townie
Townie

Last edited by Alisae on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:07 pm; edited 19 times in total
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Re: AKA Mafia #2 (2nd Party Mafia Win)

Post by Alisae on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Yeah I mean delay. It's just that I don't feel like A. I'm communicating role changes well with people and B. They aren't communicating with me. So I'm giving some time for people to communicate with me about these things, because they are important, but I really do not want to delay this for way too long, so if the people that have complaints about the new roles and the changes still want to sort them out with me, I'll be doing a fun round with the following set up until people decide to speak up and force me to change things that they don't like.

One Scum
Everyone else is a Vigilante.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortoise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Yeah, i'm not going to go in much depth on the changes in roles, but it is definintely impacting weather I want to play or not. I think some are just over thought and overall would kill some of the fun, this is self-explantory I think we should keep the old roles and some minor changes
Tortoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Bruh, if you don't speak up (and tell me why so that I can work on them), you're stuck with what you're got. It's like in America. People didn't vote, and now they got Trump, and they don't like it. Like for fuck sake, give me a fish.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortoise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:18 pm

i spoke up three times.

(Spam spam spam word limit)
Tortoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:29 pm

You did, that is correct. But you just kept on repeating "it's op" and I kept on repeating "don't let it win."

Tho I was convinced by a different reason to change them, so you win.

Speaking about changes: They happened. Look over them, and speak out if there is something about them you don't like. If people still don't like them, then I'll change them again. But I'll use a normal role set up this game. And this game will NOT be a bastard game.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:08 am

Starting this game sometime tomorrow. @faervel I want your feedback on things before I start!
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by faervel on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:33 am

(Was busy with uni stuff but it's my weekend now so I might actually join~!)
In.

And about the whole...bastard thing;I like the idea of different setups but I dislike the reasoning behind this one.

This way you are creating one logical game that is approved by everyone and one game that literally anything goes in it and there are so many roles in it that at least 1person dislikes...by doing that you're creating the unhealthy&healthy setup mindset and that way one of them(95% the bastard one) is bond to not be as popular as the other one and just be super short on members.I get that you are trying to create a fun setup with some of the roles being funny but...as I have explained earlier in the suggestion posts for each of them individually,most of them kill the fun even though that is the exact opposite of their purpose.

Now while I am at making large posts here's my argument on the Jester&Survivor.
Jester:

tl;dr You are to lose if you want to enjoy the game with everyone cause the role tells you to have yourself killed ASAP.
Longer version:You see...when one is to join the mafia I am pretty sure they are here to play.But then we have this role saying you should get yourself killed without any need of a deduction(Which is quite an easy task by counter-claiming a town power role as Peps proved).For you to play versus that would be you causing yourself to lose and that again is another unhealthy mindset, in other words it's not fun to lose but it's not fun to not play neither and this role here makes you choose between those.

And that there is only the player mindset issue.When you have a jester in role setup(Doesn't matter if it's in the game or not) every single scummy attitude becomes acceptable and the town's ONLY choice is to fully ignore the jester's existance.That CAN be fixed with a buff to jester but by doing that you are removing town's only option(as explained above) to fight jester.Whatever the penalty to his death is you can assume the town to already have it cause for them to try to take notice of jester's presence they would have to play A LOT safer and hold back on every single scum lynch.Imagine a counter-claim happening and none of them being mafia!You lose 2days worth of a lynch,you get whatever penalty that was assigned as a buff to jester AND the worst issue is the mafia had to do NOTHING to achieve this advantage.

Survivor:

Step 1:Claim Survivor
Step 2:Say a word a day to not be kicked due to inactivity
Step 3:Win

Basically when one joins mafia as explained in jester section...they are here to play.Now this role literally asks you to do nothing!You have already achieved your win condition and you have to do is to not be dumb enough to lose it.(which is quite hard with 3 auto-vests).You can go ahead and lie to yourself and play like a town and convince yourself that you "won" with them even though you won when you drew your role.Oh and for one to not claim survivor it's their own fault and for a scum to counter-claim survivor it's a plain bad move cause there's literally nothing holding town back from lynching them both cause you know...survivor is NOT a town as stated above...

As for balance issues it's a lynch from a pretty much "non-existant" player.Lynches are important in mafia and a WHOLE game can rely on a survivor when the numbers are close while they shouldn't even care.A REALLY important game winning decision can lay in the hands of the most riskless role ever!A perfect example to this case would be this game: http://www.duelacademy.net/t48164p330-da-mini-mafia-2-5-mafianeutrals-win
It was a 1mafia 2town 2neutral scenario and town lost by lynch count cause the neutrals turned on them.
Well of course it was expected of the Evil Neutral to turn on town as it was their win condition so basically it was a 2-2 in lynches.And whomever the survivor voted would win the game.
Tl;Dr don't make a role that can make the most important decisions with the least amount of cares needed.
faervel

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:00 pm

Oh no, it's not different setups. It's a gamemode. It's something completely different. I'm creating a game in which the following things may happen according to this:

Who said it was supposed to be healthy? With that said tho, I'ma try to come up with a healthy bastard set up, but until them. Also, I may do some set ups based on themes, and which case sure I'll throw in a survivor or another bastard role in, mostly for thematic reasons. As a host, I am trying to give variety, and you're gonna see that a lot from now on.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Tbh I didn't know I had the chance to come back after I died as a Jester. Never even know about the role so didn't have much details.

But even if I knew I probably wouldn't have done any of the things that apperantly I could have.

I am against the Jester since the role is just dumb. A person like me that already has some bad reputation of being a bitch has already won the game before it even started. As stated by faer the role is more of a helper for mafia since every mafia can just start playing like the jester and town wouldn't know what to do and would be scared to attempt anything since they know that Jester is a possibility. While this COULD make a interesting feel of not knowing what can happen it can also be very annoying when this cost somebody the game.
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Most of the things you're referring to Peppy are new.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Oh I see...Well then I am against them mostly ^^

This basically gives the jester a double win-win situation...if he wants he can basically ruin the game all by himself...
Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortoise on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Tbh i Think you went overboard with creating new roles, most of them defeat the fun in the other ones so... I'm still willing to play I'm just not sure when we start I heard we might have started 2 days ago or maybe today.
It's probs based on the number of people but I dont think were getting any more people
Tortoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:28 pm

I'll be able to post my suggestions only on weekend, sorry.

My general statement is though, that changes should be added one by one - not all at once.

With that being said, faer join!

p.s. bote add some onions for me and faer! Very Happy
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:47 am

Okay, sorry for the super late start. But I will start this tomorrow as soon as I get back from school. I could not start it today mostly because I was busy working on a dramaturg presentation about a sociopathic little girl named Rhoda. Took me a couple hours to finish.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by DanelerH on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:21 pm

My finals are over and sign-ups are still open, so I guess I'll join.
DanelerH

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:47 pm

Game is starting. The day ends at 11/21/16 at 12AM PST.
6 votes to lynch or skip the day. Still allowing subs.
And please feel free to bold MOD And tag me if you have any concerns.

Gooooooooo!
@Tortoise
@Pepchoninga
@DanelerH
@faervel
@YoungX
@EchoVision
@Lux
@Debi
@Sentinelle
@Jet Valentine
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungX on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:53 pm

New game, different roles. Let's give a good start shall we?
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Post by faervel on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:37 am

Uhhh....we're not getting a role setup guide this time?Like how many mafia and stuff...
(Do not get me wrong if we're not it's actually fun to try it this way once.)
faervel

Back to top Go down

Post by faervel on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:40 am

/MOD @Alisae
Found to do that sorry...
Random spam for word limit: I am already missing shooting stuff...
faervel

Back to top Go down

Post by DanelerH on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:44 am

Based on how many of us there are, I would guess that the Town:Mafia:Third ratio is either 5:3:2, 6:2:2 or 6:3:1.
DanelerH

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:50 am

If I was going to give ya one, I would have done it by now.

And Dan, who said I would/have to include a third party? I thought ywall knew that I hated them. But either way, a lot of norms ywall expect I am breaking.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by faervel on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:52 am

Hmm...I don't expect there to be a 8:2 so it's either a 7:2:1,7:3 Or 6:2:2 but I actually like this idea of hidden roles,It kinda makes stuff a lil' bit harder.

...Actually I just realized how that role list has been helpful till now and how more clueless it's made me at day 1. :3

faervel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:00 am

Guys, I have been for Day 1 for a while now, but now I actually think we should skip it. See, it's valuable for us Town to get SOME information, however, I think that it's easiest for Mafia to fool us on the very Day 1.

Thoughts?
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by faervel on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:08 am

You do have a point on lynch...but however not on skipping.
As I said I am usually vs a lynch day one but also vs skipping it if you get what I mean.

And actually the information CAN be used later on if we remember looking back at it.Sometimes the mafia contradicts some thing they said long and forgot about it; I mean I found you and MetsRule out from day 1 chat(You saying you were not town and Soul saying he was citizen which in the long run made me trust Sent whom replaced him.)

Now I WOULD pressure lynch you on that but meh it's way too random of a start for now,besides why would I start the game with pressuring my dear @Lux ? :3
faervel

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:10 am

Alright, as a host, I really should keep my nose out of the game and refrain from shitposting, but you two need to go get a fuckin room.
Alisae
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top