Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Getting Started: YGO Meta

+2
B@TMAN
YoungX
6 posters

Go down

Getting Started: YGO Meta Empty Getting Started: YGO Meta

Post by YoungX Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:03 am

Grasping the YGO Meta
For those who have just started or have come back into the game, there are plenty of things to get a hold of. The meta is one of the more important aspects to have knowledge of. As with any game that has a competitive scene, there is always that one point where you probably are confused. There are a lot of decks in the game of Yu-Gi-Oh! and it can be rough to find a starting point. This lesson is to teach you duelists how to get a grasp of the meta.

Grasping the meta is fairly simple. Here are two things you can do to get started.

1. Check Yu-Gi-Oh! related websites. It is as simple as that. If you are looking for information about the meta, then look no further than Yu-Gi-Oh! websites.

2. Yugi-Tubers. On YouTube, those who have a channel dedicated to Yu-Gi-Oh! are generally considered Yugi-tubers. Some of these channels such as (TheCardGuyz) or (GlassgowYGO) cover the meta and some even have videos on deck profiles. If you are looking for information about the game then YouTube is an easy way.

3. Participate in competitive YGO-related events. One of the most simple and best ways of understanding the current meta is to play against the meta. YGO regionals and YCS's always have meta decks with some being a little off-meta. It is a good way of knowing what is good and what is not. If you cannot go to one or just don't play IRL then you can watch certain YGO coverages on Twitch and YouTube.

4. Dueling Network is perhaps one of the most used YGO applications outside of playing the game IRL besides YGOPRO(DEVPRO). DN High Rated Matches are filled with players using Meta Decks and the best part is you can watch these duels at no cost. The reason I choose DN over YgoPro is because DN is home to more competitive players with meta decks than on YgoPro. Making an account on both is free, but DN is better for viewing meta decks in action.

Hopefully this short lesson will help you guys have a better understanding of grasping the Meta and how you can find out more about it.

Any constructive criticism, feedback and commentary is welcome.
YoungX
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Getting Started: YGO Meta Empty Re: Getting Started: YGO Meta

Post by B@TMAN Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:20 am

i would recommend these yugioh websites:tcgplayer,arg actual website, yugioh subreddit.
you forgot a few channels from youtube side.

this is short for graphing meta. this is more of coming back to the game which you put but some might think of this as beginners grasp meta.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:28 am

As a warning to those looking to websites, keep in mind that all these websites are subject to as man ybad players as good players. DNForum and Pojo.biz are other rather popular dueling forums if you're looking for some. TCGPlayer decks I've found to be generally poor in quality, but they do usually have YCS topping decks, which is more than useful.

YGOrganization is a great way to keep up with certain events and upcoming cards as well.

As for Youtubers, I'd also advise Lithium2300. He has a lot of duels against the meta, as well as meta reviews and theory-crafting. Plus, he's awesome. BD
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:46 am

Valkoor wrote:As a warning to those looking to websites, keep in mind that all these websites are subject to as man ybad players as good players. DNForum and Pojo.biz are other rather popular dueling forums if you're looking for some. TCGPlayer decks I've found to be generally poor in quality, but they do usually have YCS topping decks, which is more than useful.

YGOrganization is a great way to keep up with certain events and upcoming cards as well.

As for Youtubers, I'd also advise Lithium2300. He has a lot of duels against the meta, as well as meta reviews and theory-crafting. Plus, he's awesome. BD
i wouldn't use dnf. tcg player is good fro understanding what tops plus its easier than watching youtube videos which where tcg gets some of the deck profiles from.pojo i recommend but you have to know what your looking for in pojo.

these are good youtubers for yugioh content:
capital g
vexacus4666
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:45 pm

DN is also the home to the most 100/0 idiots who really have no idea how DN actually works, because they don't understand that DN is automatic.

And Dev believe it or not actually has a lot of people running stuff thats really high tier. Like recently, every match-up you play against most of the time on Dev is like Magician Pendulums, or Dark Magicains, and when Monarchs came out, you bet there was a lot of Monarchs. You get more meta then you would see in DN's unrated section, just a lot more rage quits.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Dazo wrote:DN is also the home to the most 100/0 idiots who really have no idea how DN actually works, because they don't understand that DN is automatic.

And Dev believe it or not actually has a lot of people running stuff thats really high tier. Like recently, every match-up you play against most of the time on Dev is like Magician Pendulums, or Dark Magicains, and when Monarchs came out, you bet there was a lot of Monarchs. You get more meta then you would see in DN's unrated section, just a lot more rage quits.
yeah devpro is better than dn in terms of tier decks you encounter. also people on dn suck super hard.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungX Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Devpro works though maybe its only because I only look at high rated duels thats why I prefer DN and I don't really use Devpro so I wouldn't really know. I use a mac.
YoungX
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Valentine Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Dazo wrote:DN is also the home to the most 100/0 idiots who really have no idea how DN actually works, because they don't understand that DN is automatic.

(I haven't been on DN in ages... so Idk if my rating went 100/0 again) But anyway... come on Dazo... don't insult me... >.>

DN is full of meta scrubs... at least last time I dueled... aka January ._.

Deck profiles... I've only seen 2, that's what Mr. YT History told me. (Sylvans... I saw Sylvans, don't judge me!) And from what I've seen... it's just dropping cards and saying "3 Hermitree, 2 Peaskeeper" no explanation for why you running these guys at those ratios... so yeah... not even meta dp's can be more informing... I think.
Jet Valentine
Jet Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:59 pm

Somebody said Sylvans? Very Happy

Slys are my soul!
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:01 pm

Jet Valentine wrote:

(I haven't been on DN in ages... so Idk if my rating went 100/0 again) But anyway... come on Dazo... don't insult me... >.>

DN is full of meta scrubs... at least last time I dueled... aka January ._.

Deck profiles... I've only seen 2, that's what Mr. YT History told me. (Sylvans... I saw Sylvans, don't judge me!) And from what I've seen... it's just dropping cards and saying "3 Hermitree, 2 Peaskeeper" no explanation for why you running these guys at those ratios... so yeah... not even meta dp's can be more informing... I think.
he mostly talking about some people who dont have experience which is wrong because there are alot of people on dn who cant play correctly. i think devpro is better than dn personally.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down