Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Staff Applications

+11
Master Marcus
JohnnyPhoenix
Tamashii
White Rose Dragon
Asgore Dreemurr
Valkoor
necruta
Firebreath
Lunarnox
阿尔法龟
Dazo
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Staff Applications Empty Staff Applications

Post by Dazo Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:37 am

Staff Applications!

You are probably looking at this if you have some interest in becoming staff, meaning you will start as an coach. And we'll always look at applications, however sometimes we may not exactly need staff, so just keep in mind that if we are full on staff, we won't deny your application, we'll just tell you that we'll consider it when a staff position becomes open. Once we told you if it has been considered, it may take a while for us to decide if we want to hire you or not. That's because we're watching you. From there, we may try to privately talk to you, interview you a bit, or straight up tell you that your application has been denied. And you'll know if you have been accepted into staff. If we accept you, we'll contact you, either on some other medium thats not AKA, Chatbox PMs, or a forum PM.

If your application is rejected, please wait the time frame provided by an admin. Meaning if your application was denied and you were told to wait 30 days, re-apply at a minimum of 30 days or later. However we ask that if an admin did not give you a time frame, wait a minimum of 2 weeks before reapplying.

How to Get Your Application Rejected
There are somethings that will lead to your application to be rejected. Your application will be rejected on the spot if:

• You applied for a mod or admin position.
  • Your application is a "1 sentence application."
  • You advertise your application.
  • You bump your application. If you want to edit it and/or add to it, thats fine. Just edit the application.
  • Re-applying after your application has been denied and you did not wait the time frame given to you by an admin.
  • We see that you show signs of immaturity.

There are also some things that will not only lead to your application getting denied, but a punishment on AKA. These are:

• Posting troll applications
  • Posting anything that is not an application. If it's a question, ask an admin.
  • Posting anything that violates our rules and regulations, and/or violates Forumotion's ToS

Submitting Your Application
With that said, just post below your application using the following format.
Code:
[b]How long have you been on AKA?[/b] ANSWER HERE
[b]Timezone:[/b] Timezone here
[b]Times when you are on:[/b] TIME HERE
[b]Experience:[/b] EXPERIENCE HERE
[b]Why we should pick you?[/b] ANSWER HERE
[b]What games would you coach?[/b] ANSWER HERE

The Application Explained
Now, lets talk a bit about the application more in depth.

• How long have you been on AKA? Try not to be vague, give us around the period of time you started to become active on AKA.
  • Timezone. This let's us know when you will usually be on, and helps us in deciding if we need that timezone particularly covered.
  • Times when you are on. Just tell us when you usually come on AKA. We do need you to be around to do your staff duties and contribute to the academy. Also, try not to be vague. Say like 7PM-11PM or something along those lines.
  • Experience. If you don't have any, that's okay, you can still be staff! And you can include like what other academies you have been staff at (but to be honest, as an admin myself, I don't treat experience from other academies seriously. I only have a few on my list which I do), but we are mostly looking for knowing what is needed of you, and what you need to do.
  • Why we should pick you? Here you really need to be descriptive. If you put effort into your application, this is where most of the effort will show. You NEED to give us a reason why we should pick you.
  • What games would you coach? This is so the staff can know what games we expect you to be able to help someone else get good at!

Things to Consider Before Applying

• Your job as an coach is to provide content and teach others. Can you do this?
  • Do you have a solid reputation?
  • Do you think you are mature enough to be able to be apart of the staff team
  • Have you contributed to the academy?
  • Have you received any punishments on the forums or in the chatbox? How have you handled these punishments? Will these punishments reflect badly of you?
  • Do you know when to be professional and when to be friendly?
  • What can you do to improve the community as a whole?
  • Are you a serious member?
  • What is your experience in gaming? Is it enough to help, and benefit the community through lessons or events?
  • Are you willing to be a part of the staff team and be an coach?

We hope to see some new faces on the AKA staff team!

Last edited by Alisae on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:05 am; edited 10 times in total
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Staff Applications Empty Re: Staff Applications

Post by 阿尔法龟 Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Tort's Application

How long have you been on AKA? well keeping in mind that aka is a new academy i have been a registered since december 22nd 2015. Generally i am a very active user on academys ecspecially since most academys are dead ill be even more active so i guess you can say i have been active on aka since i joined.

Time zone:  i live in Bermuda and i suppose thats the Atlantic timezone.

Times When your on?
Well judging that there is school and things during the week i am generally active on around evenings and nights ranging times from 5:pm - 12:pm
when it comes to the weekend and break i will ussually be on around early morning to late morning 6:am - 11:am
and i will be ocassionally i will be on in the afternoons 3:pm - 5:pm
and i am pretty much  on at nights 8:pm - 3:am
overall i am guaranteed to be on every night unless i have laptop problems or things like that

Experience:
i do have admin and teaching experience i am familiar with the admin panel and i do have experience with teaching i do have experience being admin in the chat box and handling problems.

Why you should pick me?
Well i thought the whole academy era was over untill the new aka, i want to see this place be a great community and i want to be a part of it i am willing to help this academy in various ways i am a active member and i can help with recruiting. i don't play yugioh as heavily as i used to and i was never the best yugioh player but overall i do have knowledge over the game and i have some skill as well i always
found myself better at teaching the game rather than playing it. i can handle problems in chat well. And im no stranger to making lessons overall. i can also offer recruiting as well. I want to see this place be a great community that i am apart of i wish to be apart of the staff team and help as much as possible.I will try to give my best effort towards this academy and i hope my best is enough.Testing may not be my strong suit but content is something i can definitely provide.

thanks for reading :3

Last edited by Alpha Tortoise on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
阿尔法龟
阿尔法龟

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:39 pm

Your application is  being considered.
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:02 pm

This is a reminder that we are still looking for staff.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebreath Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:45 pm

How long have you been on AKA? - I have been on AKA for a really long time. Before the new sight, before SDA. I came into AKA when Mets was the owner and DMU was still around. I've been around for a really long time.

Timezone: New York. 6:43

Times when you are on: All the time on weekends, after school on weekdays

Experience: Im an admin on 1 sight, owner on 1 sight, mod on 3 sites. I forget the rest. I've hosted a Rp. That alone requires me to manage people.

Why we should pick you? Cuz no one else is applying. And i do stuff.
Firebreath
Firebreath

Back to top Go down

Post by necruta Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Firebreath's application: Denied.

How to Get Your Application Rejected
There are somethings that will lead to your application to be rejected. Your application will be rejected on the spot if:
Your application is a "1 sentence application."
Firebreath wrote:Why we should pick you? Cuz no one else is applying. And i do stuff.

Times when you are on. Just tell us when you usually come on AKA. We do need you to be around to do your staff duties and contribute to the academy. Also, try not to be vague. Say like 7PM-11PM or something along those lines
Firebreath wrote:Times when you are on: All the time on weekends, after school on weekdays
necruta
necruta
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:25 pm

How long have you been on AKA?: 16 days exactly, but taking into consideration this academy was more or less a migration from SDA, I've been around this group of people for over a year.

Timezone: EST

Times when you are on: Generally 6PM to 10PM are good times for me on weekdays, but Monday through Wednesday can fluctuate depending on whether or not my dad is home. On weekends, I'm available all day after 12PM up through 11PM on Saturday, and all day on Sunday after I'm done with homework.

Experience: I've been playing the game for eight years and have made a multitude of guides and helped a variety of players with decks and play-style. In addition, I've been a tester at three different academies (EHU, ODA, SDA), and a teacher at two (EHU, ODA [not counting SDA because it wasn't official, but I certainly posted more guides and lessons than most the official teachers there]).

Why we should pick you?: Overall, I have enough experience, knowledge, and skill of YGO to be a proficient teacher (although after the tourney, Nec may disagree. Lel). In addition, my activity has been rather consistent as of recent, and as such I can make for a relatively reliable staff member.
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:31 pm

@Firebreath We will allow you to reapply within 2 weeks, but right now, your application has been denied for not reading directions and the points that Necruta pointed out.
@Valkoor Your application is being considered.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:55 pm

How long have you been on AKA? I've been on AKA since it was first built. That being roughly....2 years.

Timezone: Pacific Time -8.

Times when you are on:
Weekdays: 3PM - 9PM
Weekends: 10AM - 10PM
Experience:
I've been moderator, admin, and owner of AKA multiple times in its previous incarnation. I've also ran DN's largest clan when it was at its peak, and have plenty of site moderation and coding experience from a multitude of sites, not just Forumotion.

Why we should pick you?
Having someone be staff with a familiar face makes everyone feel more comfortable, and since I've moderated here before - I figured I'd give it another whirl since we have so many new people. I'm smart, resourceful, considerate and I am not judgmental. I try to solve problems quickly and as painlessly as possible, but I can also be very strict and stern when I really need to. It will be your choice in the end, so I do not want to ramble on and make myself look braggy, plus you know me so you can always decide based on your experience with me. Thanks for reading this! Very Happy -Ulti-Apelio
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:00 am

@Ulti-Apelio Your application is being considered.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by White Rose Dragon Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:30 am

How long have you been on AKA?
This is my second, going on third day of being apart of the academy.
Timezone:
GMT -5:00, EST
Times when you are on:
Generally between 6:00 p.m. - 12:00 p.m, though, times may vary based on personal schedule and events.
Experience:
GFX Artist for 3 years, going on 4. Started in 2012.
here is my GFX Sample album.
Ex-Tester at XDA as well as other small, unimportant academies.
here is a sample of my testing
Why we should pick you?

I feel that this academy is, without a doubt, going to be more successful than any other upcoming academy being created as of now. The staff and community here is well developed, and ultimately, that's the most important thing when it comes to creating a forum. However, I do personally see a few minor kinks that I think can be worked out, and I feel that a fresh/experienced viewpoint that I bring to the table is whats needed to approach and tackle these issues.

For example, the lack of detail put into Testing Results. It dosen't make sense that putting something like "Misplays: 1/5" without explaining is accepted without a second guess. If a player made mistakes, they should be explained (preferably in detail) so that when the testee is reading their results, their ultimately improving thanks to the effort that the teacher should be putting into their work.

Though, complaining about it wont get anyone anywhere. Which is why I wish to become staff: to become part of a solution, and not someone who turns a blind eye to the problem.

As a duelist, I've played for about 3 years and have been apart of SPA for 2 years, during the time I as apart, we were ranked #4(This is back when there were 9k+ people on at a time). As a designer, I feel that I have enough of an understanding of Graphics to be taken seriously in such a regard.

But ultimately, the main reason I feel I should be staff is the effort I put into everything I do. I wont b satisfied with an unfinished job, or when I am not doing as well as I can do in my work, regardless of what it may be. With testing, I intend to be critical, analytical and detailed in responses. With graphics, studious and open to suggestions and ideas.

And as a staff, I'll do nothing more than my best.
White Rose Dragon
White Rose Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:33 am

@White Rose Dragon Your application is being considered.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:18 pm

How long have you been on AKA?: Not long at all (about a few days, maybe a week). However, I've been in the academy picture for about 3 or 4 years now. Not to mention, I know pretty much everyone on AKA from our time at SDA, so I know what expectations I need to fulfill and the guidelines I need to follow.

Times when you are on: Pretty much all day, but mostly in the PMs.

Why we should pick you?: I'm no stranger to the academy scene. I've been a part of maybe 5 or 6 different academies, which doesn't sound like a lot but they were academies that ran for quite a while. I have also been playing Yugioh for going on 13 years as of 2016, and I have not only the knowledge but experience of how decks work, and how the metas shift and change over the course of any time for any reasons, whether it be the best card to tech in or the banlists that came up. I should also be chosen because if somebody needs me to do something, I do it right away with no hesitations, and while I may ask a question here and there, I usually do it anyway. I feel I have a lot to teach and instruct upon and I can help others get accustomed to the academy and the game in both the casual and competitive sense.

Experience: I was a teacher and a tester back at Rainbow Dragon Academy a few years back. I never really applied to be a teacher aside from there as I didn't feel up to it at the time. I was also in the highest dorms for both Rainbow Dragon Academy and Satellar Duel Academy, and technically still reign as such (even though RDA is dead and SDA is kinda...slow).
Tamashii
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:29 pm

@Tamashii your application is being considered.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyPhoenix Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:00 am

Pretty much since it's revival. I joined when Bote told us at GDA about it.

Timezone:

GMT -5 (EST)

Times when you are on:

Sunday: On/off between 12 am and 10 am in which I may be sleeping at any point in that time or I may be on DN, it varies day by day. 3 pm to 11 pm.

Monday: On/off between 12 am and 7 am in which I may be sleeping... "". 9 pm to 11 pm.

Tuesday: Same as Monday.

Wednesday: Same as Monday.

Thursday: Same as Monday.

Friday: Same as Monday.

Saturday: Same as Sunday.

Experience:

2x Tester (NA and GDA)

1x Teacher (Head Teacher? (possibly)) {NA}

1x Event Manager (Gardna Duel Academy? I think that was it's name. I'm pretty sure it's inactive, Clocky's sister started it I believe.)

1x War Administrator/Captain (NA)

2x War Team Member (NA and GDA)

Current Member of SABY (Shadows of the Abyss)

Positive War Record

98th overall out of 525 at Philly Regs 10/24/15 (yes I can provide proof!)

Why we should pick you?

Overall, I'm a friendly, nice-to-know kind-of guy. I prefer to make friends than enemies. I also am fairly proficient at rulings. That being said, I am a pretty good duelist if I don't say so myself. As my resume/accolades/experience shows, I have the skills to be a legitimate tester/teacher. As far as how I would fare at the position: I plan to do a monthly Deck introduction article, detailing the basics of a deck and how to play it. In addition, I will do a weekly card introduction article, detailing the general uses of a card and how to play it, and even how to play around it. If there is anyone looking to improve themselves as a duelist I can help. I can also provide support as a friend and confidante if needed. But most importantly, overall, I'm looking to become a teacher because I feel I can help the academy and I want to contribute towards the academy. Becoming a teacher is one of the ways I feel I can help contribute towards the academy, given my skill set. If you choose to proceed with me as a candidate, you can be assured I will give 110% towards the academy, without being spurred on/motivated by selfish desires or power.
JohnnyPhoenix
JohnnyPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:05 am

@JohnnyPhoenix We'll consider your application.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marcus Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:13 pm

How long have you been on AKA? Couple of days
Timezone: GMT -6. CST
Times when you are on: 3:30 - 10pm depended on need and homework

Experience: I have been in the academy world for 4-5 years and dueling for 6-7. I am a former admin, mod, and teacher on Resurrection Academy (screenshots of past tests on request). I have been a former mod and teacher on many long forgotten academies. I am a graphic designer (portfolio on request).

Why we should pick you?

I am a very hard worker who when shown that there is potential and the will work among others for the same goal. In those situations work my absolute hardest to make them succeed. My thing is the members of these establishments deserve the best from us staff to make their time here as enjoyable as possible.

Thought with all the potential I see here there are some problems that could be addressed. The mains one i mean are the ones I affect if I get this position. The testing rubric is in need of a rework persay to make it better and more effective for the testees. Lessons should be posted somewhat weekly to always have some flowing content for students to learn. All things that I fix at the start of the job to make this academy better.

I believe over time if the effort and the work is put in this academy could be very successful next to the original DA iteself and if we really apply ourselves it could be even better. I hope to help bring this academy to that state and when I step away from the game leave a legacy here behind that could last for a long time.
Master Marcus
Master Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:23 pm

@Master Marcus Your application is being considered.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by YoungX Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:30 pm

How long have you been on AKA? I've only just joined this academy recently. I heard about this place from Lux and that is how I came to about here.
Times when you are on: I am usually on when I return from classes which is during around noon time. From there I usually end up simply being on websites for a long time while attending to homework and other important things.
Experience: I've played this game for about 3 years now starting from the Dragon Ruler format, and since then I have improved greatly since the time I was a beginner. I also used to be at teacher at VDA so there is some experience within the teaching field.
Why we should pick you? Back when I joined my first academy, which was VDA, I used to be an ok duelist who still had very much to improve upon. I learned more and more about the game via websites such as ARG and watching videos on YouTube created by YugiTubers.

The academy aspect of these forums is usually on people's minds when joining besides community. People are usually confused when attempting to learn the game as a beginner, and as a result may have trouble adapting. What I hope to accomplish as a teacher is to teach duelists about aspects such as the competitive meta, side techs, and creating/mastering decks. To master anything, one must be willing to spend time and effort to improving at every aspect in order to be at the top. I personally believe that AKA has the power to create skilled duelists, especially those who just started the game. As a teacher, I hope to do just that teach people the game.
YoungX
YoungX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:52 pm

@YoungX Your application is being considered.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:53 pm

I am going to remind people that it is HEAVILY ENCOURAGED that you actually give us a reason why we should pick you. It helps out your application a lot more then you think it would.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:30 am

This is my second, going on third day of being apart of the academy.
Timezone: 
Eastern standard time
Times when you are on: i can be on most depending on personal schedule.

Experience: i am just posting small things about my experience
ex-admin at bonds of six academy
ex-tester at new domino academy(under former name tobiboy)
ex-mod at north academy
currently teacher at north academy.
started mostly on forums as tester then moved to teacher. 

Why we should pick you?
I have a vast experience at many academies ranging from my time at uda since whenever it was cool to play ultimate offerings.
i started out with very no knowledge of the forums, however my time at new domino academy showed me i could do more and i became a tester
where i found that not only can i improve others with great testing results, but allow myself to be better at the game and becomming a person with great concept of the game.
ultimaently during my time at medivial duel academy, i found i had a knack for doing teaching and i alwayed loved doing it since because i wanted to be creative with the knowledge i had and be able to apply it to others.

as a teacher, i take pride in my work and believe teachers are just as important than any other staff member because they do not just follow a rubic or rulebook like testers and mods do. 
Teachers have to be creative and knowledgeable with what they write about. i been teacher at many places and i felt that i could not start in an academy without being a teacher before the first week which is how much i love being teacher.
From my experience, you can not just copy and paste a whole guide without putting time into making it your own and being able to explain everything in your own words.

i am a great person to talk and i do not hold beef with people. i like being on the chatbox and just helping people if they need some advice on a deck or something.

What I hope to accomplish as a teacher is to be able to help people get better at the game of Yu-Gi-Oh.
 To master anything in life, you need to be able to analysis something and break it down piece by piece. you need to be have some common sense and creativity to boot.
As a person being in a wide range of jobs, i know what is expected of me to accomplish if i become an assistant. I believe aka to one of the best academies around and i hope to be apart of its rise to Number #1.

i have considered your questions and will answer them.

Your job as an assistant is to provide content and test. Can you do this? 

yes i can as i stated in my experience.

Do you have a solid reputation?
i have a solid reputation in some of academies i been in

Do you think you are mature enough to be able to be apart of the staff team
i would not have applied if i didn't think i was mature

Have you contributed to the academy?
nothing huge  besides post count which do help the academy become more active. i did however give advice for one of the assistants named valkoor 

Have you received any punishments on the forums or in the chatbox? How have you handled these punishments? Will these punishments reflect badly of you?
no i have not and i plan not to be a "trouble maker"

Do you know when to be professional and when to be friendly?
i believe there is a line should be crossed and when it is ok to be back to the original side.

What can you do to improve the community as a whole?
as a teacher with experience, i will be able to give helpful advice so the other assistants have some guidence in how articles or lessons can be looked at becasue there is more than 1 way to write an article.

Are you a serious member?
YES I AM!
What is your experience in YGO? Is it enough to help, and benefit the community through lessons or events?
Are you willing to be apart of the staff team and be an assistants?
i am more than willing to be apart of staff team and become an assistant because i feel i would be helpful and contribute my fair share to the staff.
my experience with YGO is long and informative, but i know not know everything which i am willing to admit. the information i know is more than enough to contribute to lessons and events.

you should pick me because i have vast amount of experience to add and i am a great person to be around overall.

Last edited by B@TMAN on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:18 pm

@B@TMAN You're application is being considered.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Kenaki Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:19 am

I Joined Alpha Knights Academy on Febraury 12, 2016.

Timezone:
My TimeZone is CST.

Times when you are on:
The times that I am available shall be:
Monday-Thursday: 3PM - 10 PM
Friday: 3PM - Anytime
Saturday: Anytime that I am available and have free time.
Sunday: Anytime - 10 PM

Experience:
I currently do not have any expierence of having a title as "Assistant." But I have seen the Key Jobs that an assistant has to do and I am 100% confident that I can work with those types of jobs and finish them without any complications or flaws.

Why we should pick you?
I think that the Staff of AKA should pick me because I am a loyal, trustworthy, and kind person that will stick with what has been assigned to him and complete it no matter the situation. I shall be a daily active user that can bring members and activity to AKA. Lastly, I think that the Staff should pick me because, with my help and the help of the other noble and dedicated Staff that put their own time into an academy, we can make this community of a forum grow and achieve more members and activity.
Ken Kenaki
Ken Kenaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:29 pm

@Ken Kenaki Your application is being considered.
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next