Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Staff Applications

+11
Master Marcus
JohnnyPhoenix
Tamashii
White Rose Dragon
Asgore Dreemurr
Valkoor
necruta
Firebreath
Lunarnox
阿尔法龟
Dazo
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Staff Applications - Page 2 Empty Staff Applications

Post by Dazo Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Staff Applications!

You are probably looking at this if you have some interest in becoming staff, meaning you will start as an coach. And we'll always look at applications, however sometimes we may not exactly need staff, so just keep in mind that if we are full on staff, we won't deny your application, we'll just tell you that we'll consider it when a staff position becomes open. Once we told you if it has been considered, it may take a while for us to decide if we want to hire you or not. That's because we're watching you. From there, we may try to privately talk to you, interview you a bit, or straight up tell you that your application has been denied. And you'll know if you have been accepted into staff. If we accept you, we'll contact you, either on some other medium thats not AKA, Chatbox PMs, or a forum PM.

If your application is rejected, please wait the time frame provided by an admin. Meaning if your application was denied and you were told to wait 30 days, re-apply at a minimum of 30 days or later. However we ask that if an admin did not give you a time frame, wait a minimum of 2 weeks before reapplying.

How to Get Your Application Rejected
There are somethings that will lead to your application to be rejected. Your application will be rejected on the spot if:

• You applied for a mod or admin position.
  • Your application is a "1 sentence application."
  • You advertise your application.
  • You bump your application. If you want to edit it and/or add to it, thats fine. Just edit the application.
  • Re-applying after your application has been denied and you did not wait the time frame given to you by an admin.
  • We see that you show signs of immaturity.

There are also some things that will not only lead to your application getting denied, but a punishment on AKA. These are:

• Posting troll applications
  • Posting anything that is not an application. If it's a question, ask an admin.
  • Posting anything that violates our rules and regulations, and/or violates Forumotion's ToS

Submitting Your Application
With that said, just post below your application using the following format.
Code:
[b]How long have you been on AKA?[/b] ANSWER HERE
[b]Timezone:[/b] Timezone here
[b]Times when you are on:[/b] TIME HERE
[b]Experience:[/b] EXPERIENCE HERE
[b]Why we should pick you?[/b] ANSWER HERE
[b]What games would you coach?[/b] ANSWER HERE

The Application Explained
Now, lets talk a bit about the application more in depth.

• How long have you been on AKA? Try not to be vague, give us around the period of time you started to become active on AKA.
  • Timezone. This let's us know when you will usually be on, and helps us in deciding if we need that timezone particularly covered.
  • Times when you are on. Just tell us when you usually come on AKA. We do need you to be around to do your staff duties and contribute to the academy. Also, try not to be vague. Say like 7PM-11PM or something along those lines.
  • Experience. If you don't have any, that's okay, you can still be staff! And you can include like what other academies you have been staff at (but to be honest, as an admin myself, I don't treat experience from other academies seriously. I only have a few on my list which I do), but we are mostly looking for knowing what is needed of you, and what you need to do.
  • Why we should pick you? Here you really need to be descriptive. If you put effort into your application, this is where most of the effort will show. You NEED to give us a reason why we should pick you.
  • What games would you coach? This is so the staff can know what games we expect you to be able to help someone else get good at!

Things to Consider Before Applying

• Your job as an coach is to provide content and teach others. Can you do this?
  • Do you have a solid reputation?
  • Do you think you are mature enough to be able to be apart of the staff team
  • Have you contributed to the academy?
  • Have you received any punishments on the forums or in the chatbox? How have you handled these punishments? Will these punishments reflect badly of you?
  • Do you know when to be professional and when to be friendly?
  • What can you do to improve the community as a whole?
  • Are you a serious member?
  • What is your experience in gaming? Is it enough to help, and benefit the community through lessons or events?
  • Are you willing to be a part of the staff team and be an coach?

We hope to see some new faces on the AKA staff team!

Last edited by Alisae on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:05 am; edited 10 times in total
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Staff Applications - Page 2 Empty Re: Staff Applications

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:04 pm

How long have you been on AKA? Been on AKA for years, but since it was revamped it was around January that I joined.
Timezone: Pacific Time (PST) -8
Times when you are on: Wednesdays between 1pm-9pm, Thursdays between 1pm-9pm. School days (excluding Wednesday and Thursday) are any time up to 9pm. Basically, any time I don't have school and before my bed time.
Experience: 7 years of dueling experience and good at testing. Was tester before.
Why we should pick you? I was denied last time on the premise that I was power hungry -- and they were right, I kinda was. I want to change that perception of me. What motivated me to reapply was the lack of testers/teachers in the Assistents category. Valkoor and Marcus are hardly on, and hardly do Homeworks and testing. Most of the work falls on YoungX, and to me it seems a little unfair to him. I want to be a tester/teacher so I can help out and take some of the load off. I genuinely do want to help, not to say "lol I'm a higher position than you." I can do tests with 0 flaws, make weekly homeworks, increase activity with various things such as smaller tournaments and things of the like (constructive non-spammy posting games) and such. I just want to show that I can be of help here. If I'm denied again, then that's fine with me. Can't hurt trying. XD
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLeg-Sanji Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:06 pm

How long have you been on AKA?
I haven't been long time on this site. Have been a member for 5 days
Timezone:
GMT +2
Times when you are on:
Can be online:
Monday to Friday after 5pm
Saturday/Sunday whole day kinda
Experience:
Have been moderator on Duel Academy. Administrator on Xenon Duel Academy. Experience as being admin is alot.

What I have done as being Admin on XDA: My main job there was HTML/CSS coding. I have done themes for the site(if you wanna see what I have done there with you own eyes google it). Also I have hosted tournaments. Also I can do basic GFX. GFXing was done so I could add banners to the themes I made for XDA and also to add a banner for Tournament post and do userbars for rewards.

GFX Examples:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Why we should pick you?

I think I could give alot for the forum with my CSS and HTML experience and add new cool updates to the site as when I want to create something I will make it Smile

That's allll!!
BlackLeg-Sanji
BlackLeg-Sanji

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:17 pm

@BlackLeg-Sanji and @Asgore Dreemurr Your applications are being considered.
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:41 pm

How long have you been on AKA?
Been here for about 2 weeks.
Time zone:
Eastern Standard Time
Times when you are on: I can be on most depending on personal schedule.
Monday: Can be on from 4 PMto 5 PM
Tuesday: Can be available from 10 AM to 12 PM
Wednesday: All day
Thursday: 4 PM to 10 PM
Friday: All day
Saturday: 10 AM to 12 PM
Sunday: 6 PM to 11 PM

Experience: I am just posting small things about my experience
Ex-admin at bonds of six academy
Ex-tester at new domino academy (under former name Tobi boy)
Ex-mod at north academy
Currently teacher at north academy.
Started mostly on forums as tester then moved to teacher.

Why we should pick you?
I have a vast experience at many academies ranging from my time at UDA since whenever it was cool to play ultimate offerings.
I started out with very no knowledge of the forums, however my time at new domino academy showed me I could do more and I became a tester where I found that not only can I improve others with great testing results, but allow myself to be better at the game and becoming a person with great concept of the game.
Ultimately during my time at medieval duel academy, I found I had a knack for doing teaching and I always loved doing it since because I wanted to be creative with the knowledge I had and be able to apply it to others.
As a person being in a wide range of jobs, I know what is expected of me to accomplish if I become an assistant. I believe aka to one of the best academies around and I hope to be a part of its rise to Number #1. After taking time to think about what I want to do, I decided to reapply to a part of a team and be committed to doing the job not to become a teacher. I want to be able to be an active member and be able to contribute to the academy's growth.

I have considered your questions and will answer them.

Your job as an assistant is to provide content and test. Can you do this?
Yes I can as I stated in my experience. I want to be able to help the academy in any way I can and I feel I can contribute more as an assistant and to be a part of something bigger than myself and my ambitions.

Do you have a solid reputation?
I have a solid reputation in some of academies I been in and I have not gotten in trouble with any of the admins or moderators. Some current members here know me from other places.

Do you think you are mature enough to be able to be a part of the staff team?
I would not have applied if I didn't think I was mature. I do not hold grudges with people and I always try to weight in my actions.

Have you contributed to the academy?
Nothing huge besides post count which do help the academy become more active. I did however give advice for one of the assistants named Valkoor. I also contribute with being as activate as I can possibly be.

Have you received any punishments on the forums or in the chat box? How have you handled these punishments? Will these punishments reflect badly of you?
No I have not and I plan not to be a "trouble maker"

Do you know when to be professional and when to be friendly?
I believe there is a line should be crossed and when it is ok to be back to the original side. You have to be not towards one side but have a balanced approach to being professional and friendly.

What can you do to improve the community as a whole?
As a teacher with experience, I will be able to give helpful advice so the other assistants have some guidance in how articles or lessons can be looked at because there is more than 1 way to write an article.

Are you a serious member?
Yes I am a serious member. I do not joke about this.

What is your experience in YGO? Is it enough to help, and benefit the community through lessons or events? Are you willing to be a part of the staff team and be an assistants?
I am more than willing to be a part of staff team and become an assistant because I feel I would be helpful and contribute my fair share to the staff. My experience with YGO is long and informative, but I know not know everything which I am willing to admit. The information I know is more than enough to contribute to lessons and events. Being an assistant to me means that I can contribute my experience as a former staff member to be a valuable member to the staff group.

B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:04 am

Attention AKA

With the academy's glorious update, new design, and re-assignment of staff, we're looking for new coaches! Make sure to apply so you can support AKA even more!
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2