Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Exciton Knight Getting Unbanned?

+5
Twisted Like Me?
Asgore Dreemurr
Dragonecro0987
DillPickles
Valkoor
9 posters

Go down

Exciton Knight Getting Unbanned? Empty Exciton Knight Getting Unbanned?

Post by Valkoor Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:15 am

Evilswarm Exciton Knight was a card banned for the November 2015 banlist, which is the format we are currently playing in. It was banned because it was way too easy to swing games with, and was considered unhealthy for the game. Despite that, it had pros as well, creating smart and skillful play around the card, as well as being one of the most solid answers to pendulum decks in the game.

With it banned, one would expect Konami to never touch the card again... and then, there's this.

Exciton Knight Getting Unbanned? CamZsb6UYAAuGCY

https://ygorganization.com/gold-pack-2016-evilswarm-exciton-knight-reprint/

Exciton Knight has recently been announced for a reprint in Gold Pack 2016, and it was one of the earliest leaks of this Gold Pack. On top of that, the adjusted list showed very clearly that Konami wanted PePe, a pendulum deck, dead; and yet, Performapal had been going strong, in the OCG especially. So the question stands: does Konami plan to unban Exciton Knight?
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Exciton Knight Getting Unbanned? Empty Re: Exciton Knight Getting Unbanned?

Post by DillPickles Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:30 am

I don't think they would unban it just yet. Granted I think the card should be at one for the simple fact that it's currently a necessary evil within the game. The card is known for rewarding bad plays as it pretty much puts a reset button on what's going on and clears the board for everything except itself and it's a rather chainable effect to boot. However because of the fact that it is pretty much a semi-reset button and can be used twice for hardly any cost and getting the effect off twice against a pendulum based deck isn't very hard to do. However that only really happens if the pendulum player can reset their scales quickly. Due to these little facts I don't think they'd unban it quite yet but these are the same people that unbanned Snatch Steal a few formats ago. So crazier things have happened. This is just my personal opinion.
DillPickles
DillPickles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonecro0987 Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:44 am

Even though PePe is dead, I still wish for Exciton to still be around. There is uncertainty for the future that another Pendulum Deck will come and steal PePe's thunder. Heck, Performapals are still a thing even without the Clown Engine, which is dead now.

I feel like limiting it should be a thing to expect since they are reprinting him and hell, he would be a dead pull if he was still banned by the time this Gold Pack reaches the States.
Dragonecro0987
Dragonecro0987

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:53 am

No one would buy the packs if he was simply banned and reprinted. I have yet to see anything notable to be reprinted, so they need to unban it. Plus, it would be a good choice to unban it, seeing as Solemn Strike is at three. There is a strong change of it being unbanned, but probably just limited. The only way it would stay banned is if they limited Solemn Strike.
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Like Me? Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:29 am

i don't see it getting unbanned just cause konami is reprinting it doesn't mean anything thieve reprinted banned cards in the past and nothing changed with those cards and lets face it with the biggest pendulum deck now dead and not much else in the format that would call for a board nuke like exciton i don't see it coming back as for what ulti said with solemn strike yes for now its at 3 but honestly i think with the next full ban list we get it will be joining its counterparts at 1
Twisted Like Me?
Twisted Like Me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Valentine Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:58 am

I'll just say, Exciton is cancer for Y-G-O, it spreads the board nuke so f'ing fast, yu can't even bruh. It will stay banned just cause of da sheer power it has, yu can't mess with him, he's just really OP, therefore, the reprint will be just a reprint, not a message saying "yu kno wut m8, we gonna unban this guy, wait, might as well unban apoqliphort towers while we at it, derp" none of those is going to be done, itz like saying were going to unban construct, reprint him, unban him 4 a day, then emergency ban him, which won't happen either, yet, really exciton should stay in itz cage >.>
Jet Valentine
Jet Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Kenaki Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:10 am

Actually Pepe is still very much alive! Lol I use it with the adjusted banlist in Rated and I'm doing just fine Lol Yeah, I don't have Tellarknight or Infinity but I'm still doing fine with the bunches of Rank 4's that I have @ my disposal and can still swing and win for game.
Ken Kenaki
Ken Kenaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:59 pm

I still think Exciton getting unbanned though. A lot of rogue decks that made rank four's needed him to compete against meta. If he were unbanned Konami would make some serious bank too.
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Valentine Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Ulti-Apelio wrote:I still think Exciton getting unbanned though. A lot of rogue decks that made rank four's needed him to compete against meta. If he were unbanned Konami would make some serious bank too.

Bro, look on the flip side and over the horizon, the meta will have access to it too, fair? I think not... point is rogue decks will be like - "Yes, a card for the battle against the dark side!!!" and meta will be like - "Even more OP shiz for us, *Breathes because Darth Vader has lung cancer* we shall now rule the galaxy" and the playes will be like - "an against-meta helper that the meta can use. why do you even, konami?" In other words, the card is stronk, but the meta uses it and makes it even more stronk, so... no logic to unbanning it, it'll still be cancer for the game.
Jet Valentine
Jet Valentine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:27 pm

Jet Valentine wrote:
Ulti-Apelio wrote:I still think Exciton getting unbanned though. A lot of rogue decks that made rank four's needed him to compete against meta. If he were unbanned Konami would make some serious bank too.

Bro, look on the flip side and over the horizon, the meta will have access to it too, fair? I think not... point is rogue decks will be like - "Yes, a card for the battle against the dark side!!!" and meta will be like - "Even more OP shiz for us, *Breathes because Darth Vader has lung cancer* we shall now rule the galaxy" and the playes will be like - "an against-meta helper that the meta can use. why do you even, konami?" In other words, the card is stronk, but the meta uses it and makes it even more stronk, so... no logic to unbanning it, it'll still be cancer for the game.

Exciton was never cancer to this game. When LVAL dropped and 101 and Exciton were unleashed - the most dominant xyz till then became just average - Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack.

Look, don't get me wrong, but Exciton is somethin Yu-Gi-Oh needs. Something that can turn the duel around. Today it's all about spamming the field on first turn so opponent can't do shit or summon the deck's engine (like Deneb) and set 5.

Yu-Gi-Oh needs Exciton.

EDIT: Oh, and with that new Solemn shit at 3, Exciton should be least of your worries.
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by Some Fat Guy Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:53 pm

You can only use Exciton from behind. Meta can't use it effectively unless facing meta.
Some Fat Guy
Some Fat Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum