Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Pot of Cupidity

5 posters

Go down

Pot of Cupidity Empty Pot of Cupidity

Post by Valkoor Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:44 pm

Well, with TDIL coming out soon, a lot of new cards have already been announced. Most of them are pretty cool, but this card... is, well, interesting.

Pot of Cupidity:

So, the immediate comparison that is recognizable here is the card's similarity to Pot of Greed. At first, because of that, the card seems amazing... until you see the cost. You have to banish ten cards face-down from your deck. Quite frankly, that's steep. And I mean really steep. You get rid of about a quarter of your deck to draw two. That's already pretty crazy, but you banish, as I said, face-down. This is objectively worse than banishing face-up, because you don't get banish effects, and you can't target any cards in the banished zone if they're face-down. So, how can we abuse this card? Drawing two is still pretty good, and the cost is debatably worth it, as insane as it is. Well, there are two sorts of decks I can foresee running this:

-Banish decks revolving around things like Gren Maju Da Eiza and Necroface could be potentially usable. Both of these are fully dependent on the number of cards banished or having cards banished in general, not what's banished. Necroface becomes a 2400+ ATK beater after a Pot of Cupidity, and he resets the cost. Gren Maju Da Eiza becomes a 4000 ATK beater for your normal summon after a PoC. Soul Absorption could also be run, netting you a 5000 LP gain after a Pot of Cupidity.

-Toons might - and I repeat might - run this. They already banish face-down like crazy, so activating this may not feel like much of a downside, but rather an efficient way to turbo out the deck. Because they already banish face-down a lot, though, decking out becomes a genuine danger. This would need testing.

-Because of the draw 2 effect, certain FTK's might be able to run this card. The issue is its lack of reliability, so if you banish your FTK components you could be in a bit of a pickle. Still, it's a genuine possibility.

So those are the most likely decks I can see the card being run in. Anything you think I missed or comments you'd like to make about the card? Discuss them below. Personally, I like the card; it's gimmicky yet balanced enough to just feel fun. But we'll see. Anyway, happy dueling! ~
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Pot of Cupidity Empty Re: Pot of Cupidity

Post by necruta Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Actually can't you get the cards which are banished back with primal seed?
necruta
necruta
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:57 pm

Would PSY-Frame Lord Omega be able to abuse this? I've seen it on Dev, where people can see what the card is with the second effect (to the banished zone). Is that right, or is it just a bug?
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:06 pm

to answer the above, no you can not. the only way is to use omega to put it on grae to know the card.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Yeah. You can't target face-down banished cards with any card in the game (to my knowledge). There are a few cards which banish cards face-down then interact with them later, like Esper Girl, but those are pretty specific cases and really only interact with, well, themselves.
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:27 am

you cna use omega's effect to take facedown banish cards and put them in grave which is public knowledge so yeah you can get those cards out you just cant see them while they are facedown banished.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Videns Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:40 pm

A necroface deck would be ale go abuse this to no end. Deck out your opponent , or use it then summon it and have it gain crap tons of atk. Same with other cards that gain attack from banished cards.
Videns
Videns

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Videns wrote:A necroface deck would be ale go abuse this to no end. Deck out your opponent , or use it then summon it and have it gain crap tons of atk. Same with other cards that gain attack from banished cards.

if you banish a facedown necroface, you wouldnt be able to use the effect.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down