Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

[CPF1] Zushin the Sleeping Giant

+3
Asgore Dreemurr
necruta
Dragonecro0987
7 posters

Go down

[CPF1] Zushin the Sleeping Giant Empty [CPF1] Zushin the Sleeping Giant

Post by Dragonecro0987 Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:55 am

Today, a new card was leaking for the new Arc-V Collector's Pack. And this monster is a strange one indeed. It debuted among the episodes of 5Ds that were never dubbed. It is known in the series as one of the hardest monsters to summon and also one of the most common of monsters in New Domino City. This monster is Zushin the Sleeping Giant.

[CPF1] Zushin the Sleeping Giant Cfq3F0sUkAEPb_D

CPF1-JP018 眠れる巨人ズシン Nemureru Kyojin Zushin (Zushin the Sleeping Giant)
Level 10 EARTH Warrior-Type Special Summon Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 0
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 monster you control that has 10 Zushin Counters on it.
(1) Once per turn: Reveal this card in your hand until the end of the turn, then target 1 Level 1 Normal Monster on your field; place 1 Zushin Counter on that monster.
(2) This card is unaffected by other card effects.
(3) When this card battles another monster, during damage calculation: This card’s ATK and DEF become equal to that monster’s ATK +1000 during damage calculation only.

One of the first things I realized seeing that this monster is getting printed is how it would manage the summoning condition. In 5Ds, Team Taiyou focus on a trio of decks meant to summon this beast as you would have needed a Level 1 Normal Monster to stay on the field for 10 consecutive turns. So the new method of summoning it makes some sense to the source.

Once again we have been given another monster that joins the ranks of RR - Ultimate Falcon, Super Quantal Mech King Magnus, and Apoqliphort Towers with being unaffected by other card effects. Though unlike Ultimate Falcon and Magnus, who are debatably easier to summon, I feel this monster deserved the effect considering you would have to go through the hell of keeping a level 1 Normal monster on your field and revealing the fact you are summoning Zushin for a total of 10-11 turns in a Meta Game comprised of speed and power plays. So I honestly doubt this monster will see competitive play, even though it would be fricking hilarious to see a Zushin.dek win a YCS or WCQ.

As for his last effect, it is his own effect from the anime but neutered. He is certain to run over anything that battles him with a +1000 ATK.

So for all of this, what do you all think of this card? I think it is interesting that we are getting a monster from the anime that was practically unkillable and required Yusei to pull YGO Anime Bullshit moment number 452 to defeat it and win his duel. However I doubt this monster will see competitive use as it is just way too slow a deck idea to function in a Meta dominated by Kozmos and Monarches.

Thank you all for the read and catch you all later.
Dragonecro0987
Dragonecro0987

Back to top Go down

[CPF1] Zushin the Sleeping Giant Empty Re: [CPF1] Zushin the Sleeping Giant

Post by necruta Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:00 pm

I just love how the entire proces to summon this guy can just be shut down by using a superheavy samurai monster to just kick over it by using their def instead of attack xD
necruta
necruta
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:54 pm

I just love how the entire proces to summon this guy can just be shut down by using a superheavy samurai monster to just kick over it by using their def instead of attack xD
LOL Indeed. Also, something like Moon Mirror shield would wreck this.
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Interesting thing to note about this is that the summoning condition is Semi-Nomi, meaning if you fulfill its summoning requirements once then you can do things to revive it like with CoTH. But then the issue is summoning it properly to begin with...

Yeah, the card is ass. Nice try, Konami.
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:08 am

We all know the card is terrible in the sense of getting it out. I don't think Konami intended to release this in the hopes of making it competitive--I think they just want to bring back the nostalgia factor that the old series had. The card is ugly as fuck in my opinion...but seeing someone make a deck around it would be fun.
Tamashii
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:30 am

Tamashii wrote:We all know the card is terrible in the sense of getting it out. I don't think Konami intended to release this in the hopes of making it competitive--I think they just want to bring back the nostalgia factor that the old series had. The card is ugly as fuck in my opinion...but seeing someone make a deck around it would be fun.
i want to make a FAT deck. meaning only fat monsters.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:17 pm

The card is ugly as fuck in my opinion...but seeing someone make a deck around it would be fun.
Someone already made a deck around it.
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Kenaki Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:17 am

I love the card art and it's effect (sorta).

Yes this card would be to slow to ever use in Meta Play. This is because in Meta duels usually last 1-10 turns, unless you are mirroring and it takes a lot longer and eventually one of you may deck out.
I would recommend people that love dueling a long time to use this card for like a stall purpose so that you can pull the summon off.
Ken Kenaki
Ken Kenaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:04 pm

What would happen if Moon Mirror Shield?
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Kenaki Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Hmmm... That is a good question @Asgore Dreemurr

We need a Ruling Guru here ASAP!
Ken Kenaki
Ken Kenaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:18 am

Moon-Mirror Shield would activate but Zushin's continuous effect would once again kick in. Zushin wins.
Tamashii
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by necruta Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Wrong. Both moon-mirror Shield and Zushin's effects are trigger effects. Thus the turn player will win the battle. So if a player attacks with Zushin on a monster their opponent controls then Zushin wins, however if a player attacks with a monster which has moon-mirror shield equipped then the monster with moon-mirror shield wins because of how chains are build.

Turn player mandatory effects, non-turn player mandatory effects, Turn player non-mandatory effects, non-turn player non-mandatory effects. Seeing how both effects are non-mandatory effects the turn player always wins.
necruta
necruta
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum