Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related)

5 posters

Go down

2 week days?

When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related) I_vote_lcap0%When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related) I_vote_lcap0%When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related) Empty When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related)

Post by Dazo Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:46 pm

I'm considering making the games hosted on here 2 weeks longer now. If anyone disagrees, they're saying so on teh thread, otherwise vote for when I should consider implimenting it.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related) Empty Re: When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related)

Post by EchoVision Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:16 pm

Do you mean day 2 would be 14 days long?... Cause that seems a little excessive to me...
EchoVision
EchoVision

Back to top Go down

When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related) Empty Re: When should 2 week days be a thing? (Mafia Related)

Post by Dazo Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:29 pm

No I mean days in general.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVision Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:39 am

So mafia games take what, about 5 in game days per match. That means it's at least 10 weeks (not counting nights) for one game of mafia. I'd be okay with one week per day but two weeks seems a little bit excessive...
EchoVision
EchoVision

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:09 pm

I agree one week is much better. Longer days sound nice as Mafia won't get stupid advantage if we got inactive Town players or simply not being able to complete lynch.
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by faervel Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:55 am

The real question is "Should 2 week days be a thing?"
And the answer is no they shouldn't. >.>
I find even 1 week kinda overkill to be honest.
faervel
faervel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:11 am

faervel wrote:The real question is "Should 2 week days be a thing?"
And the answer is no they shouldn't. >.>
I find even 1 week kinda overkill to be honest.

agree those seem stupid

p.s. bae sad you died Sad
Lux
Lux

Back to top Go down

Post by faervel Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:16 pm

Yeah Luuuuuuuux T.T(Also I don't do weed... >.>)

Actually I think we need to provide more reasoning as just saying "it sucks" doesn't do much in anyone's favor...
Soo...
Like this game day 1 town usually gets stuck at some days at some points where there's not much else to discuss but skipdaying usually sucks cause someone MIGHT say something that helps you a lot soo..just having a time limit(Specially for 1st/2nd day) is usually the best.
Also it gives the game a lot more speed; While I agree that some people might have troubles coming on at some days but to have like...>14days< I'd usually be like...yeah I can say that tomorrow or the day after and that alone might be a reason that gets the game stuck and boring for everyone...
e.g. day1"Soo...whom did you investigate last night?"
day3"Heeeeeeeeeeeey you there?"
day 6"-Yeah sry I investigated X but failed"
day 10"Oh you answered!"
*game finally gains some speed

tl;dr Too long=boring=not fun=not many people enjoying=not playing=no mafia=APOCALYPSE!!!!
Or something like that
faervel
faervel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortoise Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Honestly its too long. Nobody would like keep posting actively. Like if you play town of alem or mafia online the games are like 10-20 minutes
Tortoise
Tortoise

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVision Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:53 pm

I guess it's top late even though nobody agreed lmao. Day 2 is two weeks long >.<
EchoVision
EchoVision

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:15 pm

Perhaps ywall don't see the advantages to this. If not, you should really try a game on mafiascum sometime, it's interesting.

Advantage 1. As a host, I can give more people time to post before I had to find a sub or modkill them.
Advantage 2. It gives the townies a lot of time to hunt for scum.
Advantage 3. Lets take for example the last game that happened on DA. ZP claims VT, and because Debi had no time to defend himself due to it being hours before the day would end, no one could defend him, and he was lynched without him trying to defend himself or anyone else defending him (Granted he was lieing). Sure this could happen in any other game, but there's less rush and panic involved.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVision Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:23 pm

With the advantage 3,
Alisae wrote:Advantage 3. Lets take for example the last game that happened on DA. ZP claims VT, and because Debi had no time to defend himself due to it being hours before the day would end, no one could defend him, and he was lynched without him trying to defend himself or anyone else defending him (Granted he was lieing). Sure this could happen in any other game, but there's less rush and panic involved.
this could still happen with these long days. With two week days, it's not as important that you reply immediately. I might not even check the mafia game every day, it will probably be every 2 to 3 days since there seems to be absolutely no urgency. Therefore if I check it the last or second to last day and give reasons as to why I'm not sus, etc. there's a decent chance that nobody will look at it since they could not even check the forums. This might not make sense to you, and if it doesn't let me know and I'll try to explain it better.
EchoVision
EchoVision

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:41 pm

EchoVision wrote:With the advantage 3,
Alisae wrote:Advantage 3. Lets take for example the last game that happened on DA. ZP claims VT, and because Debi had no time to defend himself due to it being hours before the day would end, no one could defend him, and he was lynched without him trying to defend himself or anyone else defending him (Granted he was lieing). Sure this could happen in any other game, but there's less rush and panic involved.
this could still happen with these long days. With two week days, it's not as important that you reply immediately. I might not even check the mafia game every day, it will probably be every 2 to 3 days since there seems to be absolutely no urgency. Therefore if I check it the last or second to last day and give reasons as to why I'm not sus, etc. there's a decent chance that nobody will look at it since they could not even check the forums. This might not make sense to you, and if it doesn't let me know and I'll try to explain it better.
I know it can, but there's less of a period where that can happen. And you know I'll make it seem urgent to you. Some people's playstyles revolve around lurking abit cause their role asks for it. Others may want to just keep the discussion going. And thats why there is a quote button. So you quote things. Not to mention prods will go out if requested by someone else if the player has not posted within 48 hours, and I'll prod them myself if I have not seen them post within 72. With the way it is currently, you can't post for one day irl day? You get a prod. You don't post after you get the prod, replacement or modkill. If you haven't posted for the mafia day, you'll probably get replaced/killed off within the next mafia day.

Edit: Also mafia games require your absolute most attention, otherwise you're throwing the game for your allignment.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by faervel Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:46 pm

@Alisae To be honest the only real advantage is the 1st one as having longer days just give people days less reason to post fast and therefor less stuff to work on when scumhunting and 3rd one is an example and I shall say that Debi would die anyway that day even had he claimed anything different from town cause people asked him twice if he's a townie and he confirmed.

Now the disadvantages:
1.Way too boring! made a longer post on this above so just refer to that.

2.Too time taking and might cause more drop scenarios! There's no way I can predict some urgent thing happening to me in 2weeks from now but with shorter games the chances of that are less. Some people might not even join in 1st place cause of this.

3.Less mafia! Shorter games=More mafia games=More happy people!

4.A lifetime of no mafia for dead people! I died 1st day now I have to wait like...2months for playing another game!?

5.Less chances of armageddon happening while we're in middle of a game! Self explanatory!!!

Yeah what you said stands true but with like...3days per mafia day those can all be fixed...2weeks is overkill. I'd prefer more short mafia games than a long one(specially if I am gonna have to spend most of it being dead...)

But @Tortoise now Town Of Salem days are way too short at opposite of this... that's not a good example I mean days are over before we have a chance to look at each other...
faervel
faervel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:22 pm

faervel wrote:Way too boring! made a longer post on this above so just refer to that.
If you're procastinating, you just simply aren't committing to the game.

faervel wrote:Too time taking and might cause more drop scenarios! There's no way I can predict some urgent thing happening to me in 2weeks from now but with shorter games the chances of that are less. Some people might not even join in 1st place cause of this.
Can you explain this one a bit better to me?

faervel wrote:Less mafia! Shorter games=More mafia games=More happy people!
More reason to get Botto to start doing more on DA. And more reason to get more experience and play the game outside. Also whats stopping me from hosting a 2nd game while a game is going on, or for someone else to host a game while the current game is going on.

faervel wrote:A lifetime of no mafia for dead people! I died 1st day now I have to wait like...2months for playing another game!?
Same arguement as above.

faervel wrote:Less chances of armageddon happening while we're in middle of a game! Self explanatory!!
But there is still a chance of it happening.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down