Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Regarding the skin update

+2
阿尔法龟
Dazo
6 posters

Go down

Regarding the skin update Empty Regarding the skin update

Post by Dazo Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:42 pm

So, it's that time. Apparently no one suggested skins, so no one can complain about the skin I pick. But that's okay because I got a couple of choices in mind. Hell, I have a couple of ways I can go about this in general. I'm trying to find a GFX artist is something that is on my mind as well. I'm not making a poll because there are multiple things that I need to find out. And hopefully, you should be able to reply unlike the last time I posted something here because I fucked up with forum permissions.

Thing 1: Graphics.
I'm assuming the theme I would have to chose would be something that is probably going to need some graphics to attract people, something that needs to be decided is if I should release it with graphics, or without graphics. Keep in I am still looking for a GFX artist first. It's hard to find really good ones. And the one I knew was decent I sorta ruined our friendship with about more then 6 months ago. Either way, trying to find a good graphic artist is hard nowdays. I'm probably gonna have to pay the person out of my own pocket. So, the question here is should I release the skin with graphics, or without graphics?

Thing 2: Skin Changer
So, here we have 2 options:
A. I can use either these 3 skins, and use a theme changer as planned: http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/seoul/202061
http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/propower-dark/200874 http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/pro-black/180827 If this were to be done, I could have this done fairly soon, like by the end of next week at the latest, and as well have lots of new features and updates out by then as well.
B. I could recolor this skin itself. I'm honestly thinking a Black, Orange or Black Purple color scheme. But I would release a bunch of updates by Tuesday or Wednesday, since I have no idea how long the project will take me. I'm thinking end of the month at max, but that may be due to change. Cause I'm probably going to go a little bit at it at a time. Also, this is my first real big coding project, so even if it is playing around with hexcolors, I still have to find out what is going to work and what is not going to work and what looks nice and what doesn't look nice. And I would honestly resort to this, cause I dislike a lot of the skins I found that work for our forum version. And if I did this, I wouldn't need to rush myself in finding a GFX artist. In other words: graphics won't be an issue that needs my direct attention right away.

Thing 3: Special Skins
I also came across some really special skins. These skins are sorta different, in that they javascripts and/or template editing. In which case, I got 3 wonderful choices.
Choice 1: http://cremechoco.forumactif.org/ (But play around with colors to make it darker of course).
Choice 2: http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/medieval-dark/208995 (Navbar would be on the side's like this: https://i.imgur.com/t6tbYbz.jpg ).
Choice 3: http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/blue-resistance/206677 (You may recognize this as MADA's old theme, but what they didn't know is that there's a javascript that changes button's appearances in topics. Sadly I can't show you what that looks like, cause I don't have an example).
Now, if we were to change the skin completely using these skins, this also raises up the question of should we switch over to one of these skins completely, or keep this current skin and just use a picker? Also, for choice one, there's the issue of "will Rubes let me temporary have excess to the founder account to edit templates?"

Thing 4: The new features and updates
This is probably the most simple thing, but do you want the updates and some of the new features now, or when we have the theme picker or the special skins in general. As for what they are, I'm keeping that hush hush for now. One of them is a new feature, one of them is policy updates, and another is just another way to earn credits.

Discuss.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Regarding the skin update Empty Re: Regarding the skin update

Post by 阿尔法龟 Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:23 pm

alright so this isn't an answer towards anything above but i do have a complaint on the skin

well when i'm recruiting i generally get the same response
which is "no it looks to plain" or "no because it hurts my eyes"
or some comment like that i really dont understand this as it is no problem for me but it seems to be that others are concerned nec even said that it was a little to bright that it would hurt his eyes.
im just throwing this out thier because it seems like its now becoming a problem with recruiting.
thanks for reading :3
阿尔法龟
阿尔法龟

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshu Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:53 pm

special skin 2 and 3 look the best out of ALL the suggestions imo holy shit
Oshu
Oshu
The Shining Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:02 pm

Yeah, I think I'm going to decide between the special skins which one I am going to use.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Medieval Dark? Red+Black? I can only get so erect.
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebreath Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:46 am

YOOOO CHOICE 3 MOST DEF. That would create the perfect vibe of the whole place. Calm, but exciting.
Firebreath
Firebreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:16 am

http://strawpoll.me/6571921

I'm deciding between Skin's 2 and 3. Vote children!
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshu Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:17 am

pick special skin twooooooooo
Oshu
Oshu
The Shining Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshu Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:04 pm

im going to double post because reasons. but dident everyone that voted voted for 2 not 3? XD
Oshu
Oshu
The Shining Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Another acad is running it. I wanted to, cause it's a different acad whos admin said has more potential then this, and it would be funny if this place got bigger then that place using the same theme, but Luna told me it wasn't a good idea. So, here we are.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:59 pm

To be fair I said that specifically talking all their exact coding and everything was a bad idea.
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazo Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:02 pm

Which BTW, I made for some god awful reason. Either way, it would be pretty identical, which would not be good, either way, I think this looks amazing with the AVAC Chat. It's sorta something I can be proud of a bit.
Dazo
Dazo
The End of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down