Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!
Alpha Knight Forums
Alpha Knights Duel Academy is an online community with the sole purpose of allowing you to participate in countless events, and improve all areas of your gaming skills. Not to mentions we have a fun and welcoming community!

Gunlocke Chapter 1 [Disembark]

+6
Videns
necruta
Trini
Firebreath
soul kitten
Valkoor
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gunlocke Chapter 1 [Disembark] - Page 2 Empty Gunlocke Chapter 1 [Disembark]

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Spoiler:
Gold:

Last edited by Asgore Dreemurr on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Gunlocke Chapter 1 [Disembark] - Page 2 Empty Re: Gunlocke Chapter 1 [Disembark]

Post by Lunarnox Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:23 am

About to respond to Luri, Elaine halted in her tracks at Savannah's words. As she turned to confront the offender her hand drifted towards her sword, Elysium. "I hope I misheard you. Did you just call the Great Lord a 'pile of garbage'?" Elaine was more than ready to silence the insults of the blasphemer then and there should Savannah not choose her next words carefully.
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Gunlocke Chapter 1 [Disembark] - Page 2 Empty Re: Gunlocke Chapter 1 [Disembark]

Post by Valkoor Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:23 pm

Vanix paused near Savannah, staring at her hand before speaking up. His voice sounded muffled, just like when he sighed, and was strangely deep and soothing for his scarce feminine appearance.

"I would advise you learn to deal with the fanatics. If there are those willing to spread the word of your supposed lord, there are those willing to oppose it. Our job it to obtain Magium; your personal conflicts do not apply." His own hand was on his sword, the black gloved fingers gripping at its hilt. He seemed calm, his statement matter-of-factly
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by soul kitten Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:28 pm

"Listen lady all I am saying is that something seems fishy about your belief,"said Savannah as she shurgs her shoulders," besides where are we even heading for this journey?"

Savannah turns around trying to get a good look at who is here and to hopefully see if they are good people to be around. She looks around but simply continues to shrug her shoulders.
soul kitten
soul kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinelle Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:56 pm

"Cress. I'm not too interesting, really. Just sorta along for the ride here..." She glanced behind her at the others who hadn't made their presence known to her yet. There was a girl who was clashing with the bubbly zealot, a guy with a weird-looking mask(at least, she thought it was a guy, and someone in the very back of the group who looked vaguely familiar, though she couldn't see his face or much of his body through Alexander's arm and the limbs of everyone else.
Speaking of which, she had just caught a whiff of the masked man's breath. Alcohol, and he seemed to have a thing for hitting on girls. Pretty clear indicator of how he liked to spend his time.
"Seriously though, that's a nice hat you got there. Mind if I see it for a sec?"

@Tamashii
Sentinelle
Sentinelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:33 pm

"Great idea!", she would shout sarcastically, "Fight when we're already low in numbers! That'll surely solve all our problems." She would give a heavy sighed, "No, but seriously this isn't a time to fight. An entire city of people are counting on us and if we don't get back soon the place will start to crumble all because some people chose to fight over beliefs." She looked to Savannah, "Stop being an idiotic bigot," then she turned to Elaine. "Ignore her. Think of it this way; if she insults your god then she won't get to see this 'Paradise' you speak of, right? That seems like punishment enough to me."
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Fury remain in Elaine's voice, " There is nothing 'fishy' about about the revealed truth! Speak such blasphemies against the Great Lord again and it will be my solemn duty as a Paladin of the Aetherial Brotherhood to silence your lies!"

She then turned first to Vanix, "Those who speak against the Lord in such an insulting fashion are to be silenced, regardless of what other task is set before us. I am here to aid Haven's plight because it is His will."

Finally Elaine faced Luri, her voice losing some of its ire, "You would have no problems if you simple accepted the Lord into your heart. Our task will be successful and Haven will receive the magium it desperately needs for it is the Lord's will. And no, continued insults such as that will not go unpunished. Punishment for such crimes is more severe then being barred from Paradise."

Elaine continued walking, taking note to keep an eye on the blasphemer, the others may yet still come to accept the Lord's Love and be saved.
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:13 pm

Alexander, sensing the tension, walked between the quarreling females and male with his arms up in a sign of peace.

"Alright now, let's listen to the spear lady shall we? Now's not a time to be fighting over our beliefs. If you ask me, I personally believe that the sooner we get this job done the sooner we can get back and enjoy ourselves with a nice cold drink, some good smokes and some beautiful women...Although I've already got that around here." Alexander chuckled again then shook his head and turned to the girl who asked for his hat. With a flick of the wrist he removed his hat and bowed elegantly to hand it to her.

"But of course, m'lady."
Tamashii
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinelle Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:28 pm

"Sweet, thanks." Cress gently took the fedora and examined it before putting it on her head nonchalantly and turning to the others.
"He's right; as of now we've got a common goal, so let's focus on working towards it with as little conflict as possible so we can all get back to better lives, okay?" She turned to the zealot with an inquisitive look on her face.
"Alright, so you might not know your Lord's name just yet...but I'm sure you at least know your own, so what is it?"

@Führer Lunarnox
@soul kitten
@Tamashii
@Asgore Dreemurr
Sentinelle
Sentinelle

Back to top Go down

Post by soul kitten Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:58 pm

"There was no need to call me a bigot,"said Savannah as she pouts her mouth while looking slightly ignored," when are we expected to head out?"

Savannah says this as she brushes her hair out of her face as she walks up to the religious girl and raises her hand out. "Look I am sorry for offending you,''said Savannah as she leaves her hand out towards her.
soul kitten
soul kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:00 pm

"Okay..." She spoke softly, "Now that that's settled." She arched her back and stretched with a satisfied groan, "How about we actually get moving? We're all standing here ten feet away from the starting point."
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by necruta Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:06 pm

"ugggh." Madoline grunted while trying to find a position that would make it so that the sun wasn't shining in her eyes, after a few minutes it seemed it was impossible so she just gave up and got out of bed. Still sleepy she started to get dressed for another day of potential work, not knowing what the day would bring her she ate a few pieces of bread and walked outside.

As she walked outside she noticed that the sun already was high in the sky, 'Just how long have I been sleeping.' She thought to herself as she went to the market to see if there was anything not rotting enough to eat and drink. As she walked through the streets of Haven she noticed that there were less people than normal which was weird at this time the streets usually would be brimming with life. While noticing this she saw a butcher she usually bought her meat from if she could afford it and started a conversation.

The usual things were discussed, the conditions of the roads, the weather, water shortage and the magium shortage. Upon hearing those words Madoline let out a yelp. She totally forgot, today was the day where the volunteers would go out to gather magium, being one of the town's delivery services she considered it her duty to help with it and she was WAAAY late. So she quickly ended her chat and ran back home into her garden, or what would have been her garden if a huge rock wasn't there. She jumped on the rock and pointed her lance forwards, as she did so the rock started to move forwards over a huge dusty trail which seemed like a boulder had been shoved over multiple times. "GO my solid steed!" She yelled as the rock was moving towards her location.

After about half an hour she saw a few people in the distance and she lowered her rock's speed, she would've never caught up with them if she hadn't done this but now she only had 10 Magium pills over. Those pills she used for this were ment as self defense if someone ever invaded her home, but reputation before anything! She jumped off her boulder and started running towards the group, judging from what she could see if she included herself there would be as many females as males.

Three of the group were wearing masks, was it a new fashion trend she wasn't aware of or just coincidence... It didn't matter to her for now, this was purely business other things could wait especially in the wastelands. She more than most people knew how dangerous it could be here. Having finally caught up with them she swung her lance over her shoulder and asked no one in particular "Is this the Magium gathering party or a traveling Troupe?"
necruta
necruta
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Trini Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:36 pm

Ousay could swear he saw a rock moving at incredible speed but brushed it off as a mirage of some sort. There was no way a rock could move like that. Ousay but the necklace into his pocket and answered the girls question. "Yes, this is that group."
Trini
Trini

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:37 am

Elaine let out a deep breath, calming herself from her righteous fury and accepting Savannah's outstretched hand, "The Lord is kind and forgiving, and as this is your first offense I too, shall forgive it. Repeat it and I must take action."

Addressing both Savannah and Cress now she answered the latter's question, "My name is Elaine by the way, Paladin of the Aetherial Brotherhood, the holy servants of the Great Lord."

Just then she saw another girl join their party, and she perked up a bit, hopefully she would be more accepting of the Lord's Love. "Oh, it looks like we have one more joining us! Now if I have to kill one of you for blasphemy our party will still have the same number of people we originally thought we'd have! I'll have to tell her of the Lord's glory soon!"
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:46 am

Luri nodded towards Elaine. "I'd like to hear it later. I love history and religion and stuff so learnin' new stuff about other cultures and beliefs is always fun." She would giggle, then turned to the girl who rode a rock like the pioneers did. "Did you happen to run over someone on the way here?"
Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:47 am

By the time everyone had settled down and calmed themselves, Alexander was already ahead of the group, walking by himself while humming the same bar tune he had been humming before, as if he didn't realize he left them behind. While walking, his mind wandered and, out of habit, he hadn't noticed he was twirling his mechanized revolver, ironically named "Whisper," in his right hand. His left hand had reached into his suit pocket and pulled out the flask from earlier, and once he tilted his mask upwards a bit to reveal only his jaw and mouth, he took a quick swig from it which caused him to shudder happily.

"Ah...drink up, me hearties yo ho." He muttered to himself as he placed his flask back into his suit pocket. The more he hummed and walked the less he noticed the amount of sweat pouring down his face from the heat, and while it didn't necessarily bother him it did affect his body--something he hadn't planned for in his history.
Tamashii
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinelle Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:52 am

"Nice to meetcha, Elaine." Cress lifted the hat off of her head and stared at it, then looking up at Alexander. It was a nice hat but it was his, after all. She quickened her pace to catch up to him.
"Hey...you can have this back now. Thanks." She offered him the hat.
Sentinelle
Sentinelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Vanix continued to hold his sword for a while after Elaine finished her little episode. Finally, when things appeared to have calmed down, he sighed and slowly retracted his hand before letting it fall to his side. Not even an hour in, and the members of the group were already making more enemies than friends. This was going to be a long journey.

Still, Elaine's words had piqued his curiosity. He always found it interesting that people could still find comfort in the futile hope for paradise. With that curiosity in mind, he approached Elaine, speaking in his strangely deep voice.

"It appears we've gotten off to a bad start. I am Vanix. I'm curious to hear about how you came to worship your Lord, Elaine." He stared down at her with cold eyes, no clear evidence of emotion or actual care in the matter showing on his face.

Last edited by Valkoor on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Videns Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:31 pm

Although it was very warm, Tristan was sweating very little, mainly becauae of his light clothing but also becayse he was used to working in the heat at this stage of his life.

Tristan was walking behind the ever growing group in front of him. He keot quiet and stayed a reasonable distance behind the group. Tristan wanted to analyse those apart of the group before he jumped in and introduced himself.

Some of the people intrested him greatly, especially those wearing the masks. All were interesting not only for their style but personality also. That being said Tristan also had his eye on the holy woman. He had heard stories from his grandfather about certain religions but hers stuck with Tristan more for some reason.

Feeling like he had a fair idea if the group Tristan quickened his pace to catch up. Since he was rather far away it took a few moments. "Hey there. You guys must be exploring too. My name is Tristan. Nice to meet all of you." Tristan said once he was within ear shot of the group. Tristan continued to walk to the woman who was talking about her religion. "Excuse me." Tridtan said trying to sound polite. "Do you think you could tell me more about your religion? As i was approaching your group i over heard you talking sbout your order and it just simply amszed me. I'd love to know more. If you'd be willing to tell me." Tristan then said adding a smile. Tristan was indeed very interested in this woman's religion, but that was not the sole reason he asked. He also heard what else she said about killing blasphemous people. Better to keep on her good side Tristan thought to himself.

Videns
Videns

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebreath Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:02 am

Kane was listening to the babbling, he tried to get annoyed by it but he honestly didn't care. Kane listened to their introductions and had noticed the revolver that Alexander held. The gun looked interesting, maybe he would be able to use it during their adventure.

Taking a deep breath Kane decided to let loose, sharing some information wasn't going to hurt. "My name is Kane, I come from a village far from here, to help bring my village Magium as well as the city of Haven..." Kane felt awkward, he had his hands in his pockets and he started to question what he said. "Really Kane... city of haven"

Kane started to remember back at the village how easy it was to speak to everyone, everyone knew him and vise versa. This was his first time outside of the village, the elder had chosen him instead of the other more qualified members of the clan, there was nothing special about Kane either, he learned weapons in the average speed, he wasn't strong but he wasn't weak.
Firebreath
Firebreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Asgore Dreemurr Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:55 pm

RED = DM Post
BLUE = Item Drop

The city of Haven began to look very small from the distance the group has traveled. The heat continued, sun blasting down on everyone. Everyone would begin to notice that the dirt road started to fade, and the only thing that kept it from disappearing where lines along the loose dirt. Now instead of a dry heat, it was strangely humid. Large mound-like bumps were scattered all over the area.

"Those...weren't there before", Luri said as he tapped her lance against her shoulder. Her left hand rubbed against her thigh as a sign of stress. "I suggest not going near one of those things."

Sudden bumps along the Earth were very sudden, and there was a clear defining line as to where they started and ended.

Asgore Dreemurr
Asgore Dreemurr
King of the Underground

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarnox Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:12 pm

Elaine beamed at the interest many members of the party showed in hearing the word of the Lord, "I come from the city of Ebongate where everyone is faithful to the teachings of the Lord. When I was a young girl my parents sent me to be raised by the most devout servants of the Lord, an order  known as the Aetherial Brotherhood who also served as the cities defenders. I worship the Lord because I know He will deliver the faithful to Paradise just as promised, and I will serve him completely until that day. "

Elaine was so caught up in talking about the Brotherhood and the Great Lord that she hardly noticed the change in humidity and the sudden appearance of the strange mounds. It was only when Luri spoke up to mention them that Elaine looked around and took notice of the mounds. Hearing the unease in Luri's voice she moved to reassure her, "Fear not, we walk in the Light of the Lord and His Love will guide and protect us from whatever threat these strange mounds may pose." Once again addressing those who were asking about the Lord Elaine said, "I will be more than happy to continue to spake about the Lord later, I hope you will all come to accept the Lord's Love as I have."
Lunarnox
Lunarnox
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkoor Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:29 pm

Vanix eyed the strange mounds of dirt for a moment. He slowly approached one, and with a sudden movement, ripped his sword from his sheath and slashed at one of them, making sure to leave a gap as deep as possible. His sword had a bronze-copper tint to it, and the guard had patterns of gears and clockwork decorating it. As he finished his slash, he mumbled under his breath.

"I'd prefer to take the initiative."
Valkoor
Valkoor

Back to top Go down

Post by soul kitten Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:44 pm

The change in weather felt irritating to Savannah as she uses her jacket as a makeshift fan. It hit her so suddenly as she was no prepared to this at all, but she was surprised to see Vanix just attack the mounds of dirt.

"What was all that for," asked Savannah as she looks confused as to why he did that.
soul kitten
soul kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinelle Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:34 pm

"I wouldn't attack that thing..." Cress immediately tensed. She was unfamiliar with this sort of thing, but if the mounds were some sort of monsters then slaying them was her department. She kept herself on guard and slightly bent her wrists outwards.
Sentinelle
Sentinelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamashii Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:22 am

Alexander stopped and stayed near the back of the group once they had caught up to him. By then he had taken his hat back and placed it on his head. He took note of the humidity with a quiet "Hmm" and observed the nearby mounds. He wasn't worried nor alarmed; he just kept observing from the back with his left hand in his pocket and his right on Whisper.
Tamashii
Tamashii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next